Unknown to Death, Nor Known to Life

8:52 AM, Snowy Wasteland

All members of Teams JNPR, RWBY, along with Qrow and Oscar are faceplanted into snow. Next to them was the detached parts of a train.

Looks like they had crashed on a train.

"Everyone... okay?" Yang let out weakly as she started to get back up on her feet.

"I'm fine." Qrow responded.

"Yeah." Weiss had gotten up as well.

"Talk about a peaceful train ride..." Yang scratches the back of her head with her robotic arm, looking around their surroundings. "Hey, guys, get up. There might be more Grimm around."

"This is just wonderful, we're stuck in this winter wasteland

"This is just wonderful, we're stuck in this winter wasteland..." Oscar nervously rubs his arm.

"Relax, Oscar, we'll pull through." Ruby reassured him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

Roars could already be heard coming from the distance, presumably from Grimm nearby.

"Get on guard, everyone! You all heard that!" Qrow starts to look around, sweat running down his face.

"They just love to come one after another, don't they...?" Yang grits her teeth as she prepares herself for battle.

"Sometimes, I wish we didn't pick up this Relic!" Ruby starts to search for Crescent Rose in the middle of the crash.

"Deal with it! Get ready for now!"

The contrasting color of the Grimm's hides make them easy to spot. They had slowly started to approach from all sides, the group now ready to fight back against it.

But they didn't need to.

An arrow is shot at one of the Grimm at incredibly high speeds. Unreactable, even.

The Grimm had been alerted.

"An arrow...?" Blake let out in confusion.

Immediately afterwards, all the Grimm roared, attempting to flee. Arrows had started to rain down on them.

No wonder they had started to run away. It was even horrifying for the Huntsmen.

"T- They're running?!" Oscar let out in his confusion, watching them run.

Some had managed to successfully run away from the wrath of the gods above.

Once they had all scattered, a shadowy figure starts to approach the group, walking past the many trees.

"Who is that...?" Ren looked in confusion.

"That's what we're all thinking. Stay on guard, they could be an enemy." Qrow prepared himself.

After a while, the man finally came out, the sun's light raining down on him. He'd been exposed.

A tall, muscular man with spiked white hair, tanned skin and a red jacket, bow in his hand.