Clouds

Brooke's POV

I stared out the window as we drove to the airport. I felt like a dark cloud was hanging over my head. I looked over at Bella and Kook sleeping and smiled at how perfect they looked together. 

God, I can't believe I'm going to miss them become closer after..... I let my thoughts fade away. I took a quick glance at Tae before looking out the window again.

Taehyung was driving instead of Joon because Joon had stayed up too late with Yoongi. Every now and then would feel Tae look at me out of the corner of his eye and my heart would begin to race. I could feel the concern radiating off of him in waves.

I sighed as I looked back at everyone sleeping in the back for what felt like the hundredth time. It was Jimin, Yoongi, and Joon in the back; Hobi, Bella, and Jungkook in the middle; then Jin, Tae, and Me in the front. I was sandwiched in between the both of them. 

I heard Jin's soft snores next to me and a small sad smile crept onto my face. All I could think of was how I had only known them for three weeks, but the bond that we had built felt like it had taken years to form.

Tae: "Okay that's it, what's wrong?" His voice was low and husky as it was morning and he was trying not to wake everyone. It sent the butterflies in my stomach into chaos.

Me: "What do you mean?" I whispered back and smiled to cover up my grief and nervousness-at his closeness.

Tae: " You have sighed at least 20 times in the last 2 minutes and you keep looking at everybody as if you were gonna lose them. Please, tell me. I'm here for you... always." He stopped at a red light.

My heart lurched into my stomach. God, I hated lying to them, especially him because of how much I was beginning to care for him. 

His eyes bore into mine and I began to tear up. I tried to look away before he could notice, but it was too late. He softly caught my chin before I could turn away. 

The look in his eyes of concern, worry, and something else I couldn't quite pin, broke me on the inside, and the tears came streaming down my face.

Me: "I'm sorry." I whispered as I put my head down.

He had to put his eyes back on the road as the light turned green.

Tae: "Tell me, I promise I won't tell the guys if you don't want me to." His voice pleaded with me to tell him, and I really wanted to.

Me: " I will, but not today. Let's just say goodbye to Bella today, please?" I could hear the vulnerability in my voice and I quickly wiped the tears away.

Tae: "Ok, I'll wait."

Me: "Thank you."

The rest of the ride continued in silence, the dark cloud growing darker as we got closer to the airport.