44

"Is everything ready?!" Hongjoong rushes into the kitchen, then back into the living room, trying to decorate Jongho's house as romantically as he can.

"Maybe?" Jongho looks around, trying to make sure everything is decorated according to plan. "But weren't they supposed to come until 8? We still have a few hours."

"No, San just texted me and told me he's not taking Wooyoung ice skating anymore. It'll already be too late once they get out of work. They'll just come here right after work."

"So what time are they coming?" Jongho checks his watch.

"Around twenty minutes, so I have to make sure everything's perfect. This is the first time San falls in love after being in the toxic relationship he was in. Everything must be perfect." He looks around, trying to make sure everything looks okay, while Jongho just looks at him with a smile. "Yunho, is the food almost ready?" Hongjoong asks Yunho, who's in the kitchen.

"Almost!"

"Okay, so I think everything's ready." Hongjoong looks down at his notebook, where he had written down everything they had to do. He had checked off everything on the list. "Okay, perfect." He sighs in relief. "Everything looks nice and romantic, doesn't it?" He asks Jongho with a bright smile on his face, which makes Jongho get lost in his eyes. "Jongho?"

"Yeah, it does." He agrees. "But if you accept to go on a date with me, it'd be even more romantic than this. Plus, you'll get a free chocolate." He takes one of the chocolates from the chocolate jar, which has a golden wrapper on it.

Hongjoong feels his face heating up but tries to play it cool. "Oh, sure." He nervously laughs. "How could it be more romantic than this?"

"Are you challenging me? Does that mean you accept?"

"Wait, I-I didn't-" He starts, but Jongho puts the chocolate back down in the chocolate jar, before cupping his face. Hongjoong feels at loss for words.

"I thought that you had figured it out, but I guess not. Kim Hongjoong, I don't just see you as a one night stand. The next morning when I woke up and didn't see you there, I was worried I wouldn't be able to see you again. To my surprise, it turned out you were Yunho's friend. Don't you think that's fate?" He asks him as he's still cupping his face.

Hongjoong just stays quiet as he doesn't take his eyes off of Jongho. "I actually really like you... And these past few days that you've been living here with me... it's been nice." Jongho says and can't help but smile. "I know you might be scared to give me a chance since you know about my last relationship and how it didn't go well because of me, but I promise that I'll do everything in my hands to make you happy. Will you please go on a date with me? If you hate the first date, then we don't have to go on any others and you don't have to give me a chance or anything, but could you please-"

Before Jongho can finish his sentence, Hongjoong leans in and gives him a kiss, taking Jongho by surprise. Right after a few seconds, Hongjoong pulls away and can't make eye contact with him.

"You were talking too much." He tells Jongho before walking away from him and walking into the kitchen.

"So is that a yes?" Jongho can't take the smile off of his face as he follows him into the kitchen, where Yunho is also in.

___________

Jongjoong are so cute ☺️ I love writing their chapters

Also, this story is almost at 10k reads already omggg!! And it's number one in #ateez at the moment! Thank you for supporting it so much. I just posted it 6 days ago :') love y'all