47

"Is everything okay?" Seonghwa asks Yeosang as soon as he gets to his house. Right after college, Yeosang had called him, asking him to come over. "Did you need something?"

"Why do you ask? Can't I just hang out with you without you questioning it?"

"Well, whenever you call me it's usually because you need something."

"I'm sorry." Yeosang sighs. "I know that you must think I was just using you, but I now realize everything you've done for me and I seriously appreciate it. I don't like that we're being like this with each other."

"Like what?"

"You're still always there for me, but it doesn't feel the same." Yeosang looks down. "You don't treat me as lovingly as before."

"Why are you doing this?" Seonghwa asks him, not being able to stay quiet anymore. "Is this fun for you?"

"No, what do you mean?"

"Just a few days ago you told me you still had feelings for your ex, so I respected your feelings and now I'm trying so hard to move on. But why do you have to be like this?"

"Being like what? I just miss how you used to treat me. Is that so bad?" Yeosang feels his eyes watering.

Seonghwa sighs and sits down next to him on the couch. "I know you got used to me treating you like that, but I've been thinking and that's how your future boyfriend should treat you, not me. I always prioritized you over everything. Whenever you'd call me, I'd cancel whatever other plans I had and came running to you. I watched you cry and go on about your problems while I tried comforting you and tried to solve them... but I came to a realization that I should move on, and now you don't want me to? It's like you're playing with my feelings, Yeosang."

Yeosang knows exactly what he's talking about since he remembered he confessed to him the night he was drunk. Yesterday when Seonghwa left his house, he ended up checking all the texts from Wooyoung and San and saw them spamming his phone so he'd stop commenting on Seonghwa's posts.

"Have you forgotten what happened in the past?" Yeosang asks him. "Before I started dating Jongho, I confessed to you, don't you remember? And you rejected me."

Seonghwa stays quiet, not knowing what to say. That's something he's always regretted, even when he did it back then.

"So aren't we both at fault? Why do you act like this is all my fault? I just didn't want to get more hurt. When we talked that day at the café, I was so confused about my feelings for Jongho and I was also scared I'd get hurt if I gave you a chance. 'He rejected me back then, so why would he want to be with me now?' That's what I thought..." Yeosang tells him. "And you want to know why Jongho barely made time for me?"

"Why?"

"Because he realized I still had feelings for you too. You're all I used to talk to him about. Whenever you'd start dating someone, I'd always tell Jongho that you deserved better and started pointing out the flaws of every person you were with." Yeosang isn't able to hold back his tears anymore. "This isn't something I realized I was doing back then when I was with him. I thought I really did like Jongho and I thought he was the one being distant, when I was actually the one pushing him away."

"So why were you so hurt when he told you he moved on?"

"I felt more guilty than hurt." Yeosang admits. "When he told me he moved on that day, he told me he knew I liked you all along. It made me realize that I wasn't over you. And it made me realize that I'm such a shitty person for being with him while liking someone else."

"Can you stop talking for a few seconds?" Seonghwa asks him, trying to take in everything he just said.

Yeosang stays quiet and looks up at him with tears in his eyes as Seonghwa starts to slowly lean in.

"If you don't move away in three seconds, I'm going to kiss you." Seonghwa warns him. "One... two... th-" But before he can finish counting, Yeosang's lips are already on his.

_______________

Damn why are Seongsang so complicated in this story?? :((

And Jongho wasn't a terrible boyfriend after all??? 👀

I'm sorry lol. I hope you're liking this story <3