56

Why does life have to be like this? One day you're happy, the next you're crying your eyes out at the hospital, trying to hold onto hope that your significant other will be okay.

Just as Seonghwa was going to go over to Yeosang's house, he ended up passing out on the sidewalk, before he could even get in his car.

"Yeo, he'll be okay." Wooyoung tries to comfort him as Yeosang's sobbing, not being able to sit still.

"I can't believe I never noticed." He sobs. "He's had a heart condition all this time and I didn't know about it?!" He falls to the ground. "Just take my heart out and give it to him please!" He screams as he can't stop crying.

All the other guys are there, trying to comfort him and also trying to stay strong for Yeosang. Seonghwa is a close friend of theirs and they don't even want to imagine the pain they'd all feel if something bad happened to him.

"Can I see him?" Yeosang immediately asks the doctor when he sees him come into the waiting room. "Please! I need to see him!"

"He can't have any visitors at this time. He just got out from surgery."

"Is he okay?! He'll get better right?!"

"I wouldn't want to give you false hope."

Yeosang falls to the ground again and feels his heart break into a million pieces. Seonghwa can't leave him like this. No, he can't. He won't.

He wouldn't.

-

"Poor Yeosang. It breaks my heart seeing him like this." San tells Wooyoung as they get to the hospital's cafeteria. He doesn't want to mention Seonghwa since he can already see Wooyoung is close to crying.

"What if something happens to Seonghwa, San?" Wooyoung can't hold his tears back anymore. "That's my best friend. What would I do without him? H-he's always been there for me and for all of us."

"Don't worry, Woo. He'll be okay. He's strong. I'm sure he wouldn't leave Yeosang alone. Don't you see how much he loves him? He'll be okay." San tells him, trying to hold back his tears. He was starting to become really close to Seonghwa too, so it breaks his heart to know he's fighting for his life right now.

"He can't go! I couldn't even say bye. I thought he was just leaving for three weeks, so I didn't even go to the airport. I never imagined this would happen."

"Woo, you have to eat. Come on... please. We've been at the hospital since last night and you haven't eaten anything."

"I can't. Seonghwa hasn't eaten. Yeosang hasn't eaten. Why should I?! The three of us have been inseparable since we were kids! To think that one of us might not be here anymore..."

"Please don't think that way. You have to stay strong for Yeosang, Woo. He really needs you right now."

-

After a few sleepless nights at the hospital, Yeosang is finally able to see Seonghwa. It breaks his heart seeing him like this. He was so full of life just a few days ago. Why did everything have to change like this?

"How was your trip to the states?" Yeosang starts. "Was the reason you went over there because you wanted to say goodbye to your parents?" Tears roll down his cheeks. "As you saw, San got Wooyoung a puppy. Her name is Jia. You just have to meet her. She's the cutest little thing."

"Hongjoong and Jongho are together now. Can you believe Hongjoong thought Jongho was proposing?" He says through the tears.

"And Mingi and Yunho are planning to get married next month. Mingi wants you to be his best man. Come on... you have to come with me. You can't just let me go by myself."

"We wasted so many years. Please don't do this."

"Y-you should've told me about your heart condition." He takes Seonghwa's hand and rests his head on the bed as the tears can't stop rolling down his cheeks. "I broke your heart so many times... it's all my fault. And even though you were going through this, you still prioritized me. You always put me first even when you knew your heart was failing you." He sobs. "No, you can't leave me like this. We have so much to do."

"We just got together. You can't leave me, Hwa."

"You'll get better, I just know it. You're so strong."

"I love you, please don't leave me."

Just as he says that, Yeosang feels Seonghwa's hand move, but then the heart monitor starts beeping uncontrollably until all you can hear is a long beep.