Chapter One - John vs The Others

"How could you not like him?" I asked my friends, showing them the many cute pictures I had of John on my phone, Thursday at lunch.

     "He's just ugly and old, Y/N. Why do you? He's dead." My friend, Y/F/N replied.

     "Because he's - well, you know. I've explained it before." I nervously chuckled.

     "Yeah, we know. I swear even that dude over there is better than John Lennon!" Y/F/N said, pointing at a rather ugly student we weren't fond of. He had dark brown scraggly hair, was overweight and had a poor fashion sense. He was also very dumb and didn't have many friends, which I did feel sorry about.

     "He also abused his wife, left his family for a random woman and did drugs." My other friend added. It was true, but I saw past that. Like my friends said, he was dead anyway so did it really matter? This was just a phase.

     "You have some solid points, but I see past that and there isn't anything you can do about that." I said, firmly and then biting into my ham sandwich.

     "Whatever." My friends laughed, and so did I. But I was laughing at how blind they were to not notice an amazing man and amazing music.

     Moments later, we had already changed the subject and we saw someone walk up to our table. It was one of my classmates from my Geography class. He was tall, had dirty blond curly hair, a bit of acne, but a kind and warm smile to cover it up.

     "Hey Y/N," He said to me. I had to admit that he was cute, but I hadn't thought much of it though.

     "Logan, hi! How are you?" I asked my classmate.

     "I'm okay, how are you?" He asked, politely.

     "Me too, thanks. What brings you to our table?" I asked.

     "Er - yeah... I was just wondering if you'd maybe like to go out with me this weekend?" Logan asked, somewhat confidently.

     "Sure, why not!" I beamed at him.

     "Great! I'll see you later!" He smiled and walked away.

     "Ooh someone's got a date!" My friend teased me.

     "Don't tell him about your boyfriend, though!" My other friend teased me.

     "My other boyfriend?" I asked, confused.

     "Johnny the somewhat-friendly ghost!" Y/O/F/N tagged along. I rolled my eyes as my cheeks turned crimson.

     We continued to eat while my friends and I talked about school, Covid 19 and other random stuff.