Chapter Twelve - Long Days Rest

I opened the door into my house to see my girlfriend reading a magazine. By looking at the cover, it was about women's footwear. I came up to her quickly, put the magazine down on the coffee table and gave her a tight and comforting hug.

     "Hello to you too, John!" She chuckled. "How was work?"

     "Alright. It was nice to jam with the lads again after a small break. But I couldn't stop thinkin' about ye. You were on my mind. I missed ye dearly." I gave her a kiss on the cheek, still holding her close to me.

     "Aw!" Y/N cooed. "I missed you too!" She leaned into my touch, getting comfortable.

     "I'm glad." I whispered, shutting my eyes.

     We stayed in a cuddling position on the couch for the rest of the day, sleeping in each other's arms. We skipped dinner, not wanting to leave each other's touch which left us starving in the morning.

     I woke up at 7 with Y/N still fast asleep on my chest. I moved ever so slowly, taking 5 minutes to get off the couch without waking her. What a pain that was! I walked into my room, getting into new clothes so the lads wouldn't point out anything. Once I was changed, I went down to the kitchen to have some tea and a scone.

     I was then ready to head out. I had my coat and shoes on with the car keys in my hand. I still couldn't shake the fact I was forgetting something. I stood my ground at the front door, thinking and looking at the view of my home to see what I could possibly be forgetting. Then it hit me! I was forgetting the most important thing to do. I tiptoed quickly over to a peaceful looking Y/N, still sleeping on the couch. I gave her a soft, delicate and fast kiss on the forehead, being sure not to wake her. It rushed over to the door to head out. I twisted the nob, about to exit into the outdoors when I hear a soft mumble,

     "John?"

     I turn around to see Y/N, squinting and sitting up on the couch.

     "Hey, sorry if I woke ye. Go back to sleep if you'd like." I told her, softly.

     "No, no. It's okay! Heading off to work?" She asked.

     "Yeah. I'll see you later." I then was about to head out the door, again, before Y/N spoke again.

     "Give me a minute to change. I want to come with you!" She called out from upstairs. Since she was probably in the process of changing, I had no choice but to wait for her. The lads'll definitely scold me for being late.

     "Let's go!" Y/N beamed once she was ready. I smiled and nodded as I let her into the car and we drove off to the studio.