Chapter Thirty Six - Lights Will Guide You Home

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered every detail of my dream. I had to go see John.

     I got dressed, had breakfast and got my locket out of my room.

     "Y/F/N," I called after her, who was in the kitchen making coffee.

     "Yeah?" She asked.

     "I'm heading out. I'll be back in a bit."

     "Alright."

     I then opened the locket and leaped through the green portal.

     I was suddenly back in the place I craved to be, my home. I was in John and I's bedroom. Of course, John was still sleeping. I silently chuckled to myself at the sight.

     I decided to tip toe downstairs, and to my surprise, I saw Paul. He was just sitting at the kitchen table, fidgeting with his tea bag in his cup. He looked bored. I tried to hold in my gasp. I was surprised he didn't hear me come downstairs. I start to walk backwards slowly, keeping my eyes on Paul, making sure he didn't see me. He hadn't even glanced at me. Next thing I knew, I bump into something. My breathing hitched quickly, and I turned around, realizing it wasn't a wall. It was John.

     "Y/N..." He whispered, lowley.

     "John -" I mimic his tone.

     "Oi! Ye finally up, John! We have practice!" Paul called from the kitchen.

     "Er - Yeah, I'll get ready now!" John hollared back at Paul. "Come with me." He whispered down to me.

     I followed him upstairs back to our room.

     "Why did ye come back?" He asked, while getting changed. I looked away, slightly.

     "Because we need to talk."

     "What's there to talk about? You're a time traveler whom I fell in love with, who also lied to me for the past decade, and my life isn't even my life. It's your fantasy that I'm living and being controlled in... So Y/N, what is there left to talk about?"

     I could tell he was still mad, and I understood. I stayed calm, though. I did, in fact, do all those things. I ruined his life, and the others I care about.

     "That's what I want to talk about." I started. I was about to continue talking when John interrupted me,

     "Well, then it was a lovely chat! You know the way out." He put on a sarcastic voice and a matching smile to go with it.

     "Please," I paused. John looked at me with fiery eyes. "I'm so sorry for putting you through this. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about all this before. I'm sorry I lied for so many years. I'm sorry that the decade we spent together went down the drain and tore us apart." I started to cry. "I know sorry doesn't cut it, but I hope you can give me a second chance and there would be no more secrets between us." I couldn't think of anything else to say, so I watched John carefully. His blank expression being hard to read.

     "Look," He took a deep breath.

     "JOHN!" Paul shouted, suddenly from downstairs, startling us.

     "WHAT?" John screamed back.

     "GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE! BRYAN'LL BE PISSED THAT WE'RE LATE!"

     "Anon, anon!" John yelled, in a sassy voice.

     "JOHN! I'M SERIOUS!"

     "Yeah, yeah..." John then looked at me. "We'll talk later." He sighed. "The others know already, by the way. When ye see Paul and I leave, ye can leave." He then walked downstairs, leaving me alone in our room.

     "Finally!" Paul sighed.

     "Let's get a move-on." John laughed. He turned his head around quickly to see me peering through the wall upstairs. They both left the house. I went over to the window, to watch them leave so I could.

     Once I left, I decided to walk around the town which I missed.