Chapter Two - The Date

Logan and I had agreed to Saturday night. Since it was our first (and maybe last) date, we wanted to go with something basic: dinner and a movie. Since we were not even adults yet, his mom insisted on driving us. I felt okay about that but he felt embarrassed. I didn't blame him because I would too.

     He wanted to pick me up around 6:30. So at 5:30, I started to get ready. Figuring that it was just dinner and a movie, I'd dress casual but presentable. I wore a gray cardigan sweater with a white shirt and black jeans.

     I did my skin care routine and put on light makeup. I did my hair in a neat bun and went downstairs to wait by the door.

     I still had about 10 minutes before he came, so I decided to play my piano. I looked through my books and found a nice piece to play. It was Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

     Halfway through the song, I heard the doorbell ring. That must be Logan! I closed the piano quickly, shouted to my parents and answered the door.

     "Hi, Logan! Come in!" I moved out of the way, holding the door so he could step in.

     "You have a nice home." He complimented.

     "Thank you!" My dad shouted from his office.

     "Sorry about that," I whispered so my dad wouldn't make a possible fuss. I got my shoes on quickly, put my purse across my body and headed out the door, saying bye to my parents once again.

     He opened the door for me into his car in the backseat. We put on our seat belts as Logan's mom greeted me.

     "Hello, Y/N! Logan's told me a lot about you!" She smiled through the car mirror at me.

     "I hope they aren't bad." I joked, trying to make a good impression. The longer I sat next to Logan in that car, the longer I felt more confident about this date I agreed to go on. He was cute, but I didn't really see anything in him.

     "No, don't worry." Logan answered me.

     We surprisingly continued to talk comfortably in front of each other, including his mom on the way to dinner. We arrived at a restaurant I had never heard of before. It was named Chillnetic.

     "Have you been here before?" Logan asked me, as he opened the door for me to step out.

     "No, have you?" I asked him as we started to walk from the parking lot to the restaurant.

     "No, but my dad's been here for a work thing. He said the food was good so I thought I'd give it a try with you."

     "Alright." I said, as Logan held the door for me. I got the next door in so I could be polite as well.

     We were sitting at our table which had a nice view of the window which showed the cars driving by on the highway. We started talking about school, our family and friends and our interests as we ate. We both decided to share a pizza.

     "So other than Geography, what classes do you have for this semester?" He asked, curiously.

     "Well before that I have Math, then after Geography I have Religion and last I have French. What about you?" I asked.

     "First I have Gym, then after Geography I have Science and lastly, Music."

     "Wow, you're so lucky! I wish I had music right now!" I complained.

     "Really? I regret it! I wish I had done Drama or something for my art elective. Music is tiring and hard!"

     "Are you kidding me? Music is the best! It's very interesting, has emotion, meaning and it sounds amazing and wondrous!" I explained, getting excited.

     "Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music sometimes, but I'm not crazy about it." Logan said.

     "Oh, okay - "

     We continued talking till we walked down to the movie theater which was a block away.

     "So what movie are we going to watch?" I asked Logan.

     "I hope you're okay with Eternals." He said.

     "Yeah! That sounds great!" I said. "I've seen a few Marvel movies so I'll probably enjoy this."

     After the movie, we were in awe. It was better than expected! We couldn't stop talking about it on the way to my house.

     Once we reached my house, Logan walked with me to the door.

     "I had fun tonight, Logan. Thanks for everything!" I cooed.

     "I'm glad you did!" He smiled. He hesitated at first, but then gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I flushed at his action, not sure whether I should kiss him back or not.

     "I'll see you at school," I said.

     "Yeah, Monday. Have a good sleep, Y/N." He said, walking to his car as I walked into my house.

     This date was overall great! The one thing that was bugging me was I still wasn't sure if I liked Logan. It felt too friendly. As I got ready for bed, trying not to wake my parents, I quietly hummed a tune and drifted off quickly.