Chapter Nineteen - Special Day

I got up quietly, making sure to not step on my sleeping boyfriend. He looked so peaceful. If I were strong enough, I'd lift him up to the couch.

I walked upstairs to get ready for my day. I brushed my teeth and put on some sweat pants and one of John's shirts that he gave me because I liked it. It was almost 10 years old, having given it to me in 1955. It was from his Teddy Boy days where he'd dress like a "punk" and mess around more often.

When I went down to the kitchen, I was making myself some eggs when I feel an arm go around my waist. It made me jump, having not heard John get up and come toward me.

"John!" I exclaimed, my breathing calming down from it's spike.

"Sorry darling." He said and then kissed my cheek.

"You probably have a hangover from last night." I told him.

"I didn't get drunk last night. I had a reasonable amount, this time. I didn't want to get wasted for what I have planned for you and I today." He then put light and innocent kisses on my shoulder.

"Really? And what's that?" I asked.

"You'll see, don't worry." He then let go of my waist and instead grabbed the pan and spatula out of my hand.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. John walked over to the compost bin and threw out my eggs, turned off the stove and put the pan on a cold element. "I'm hungry!" I tell him.

"Yeah, well, go sit in the living room." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

What was going on? I thought to myself. I give him a look of curiosity as I slowly walk into the living room.

"I'll tell you when to come out!" John called out to me.

"Okay! Don't be long!" I called back.

I sat and twiddled my thumbs as I wondered why John didn't want me to cook and to sit in the living room.

"One more thing, Princess!" John said, coming up to me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You should actually go to our room upstairs and shut the door. I'll come and get you when I'm finished." He smiled again.

"Okay..." I tell him, obeying.

What could he be doing? I thought as I laid on our bed, connecting the dots on the ceiling in my mind.

John's POV:

I took out a paper that George had wrote me last night out of my jean pocket. It was a recipe for Y/N's favourite breakfast meal; pancakes. George was a food expert, so I went to him for all the food advice for my special plan. I followed the instructions as read,

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups all purpose | plain flour, (290 g | 10 oz)

1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener, (60g | 2 oz)

4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 3/4 cups milk, (440ml)

1/4 cup butter, (60g | 2 oz)

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 large egg

Once I got the ingredients, I followed the steps to cook it.