Chapter Seven - Please Please Me

In my home reality, it was now 2030. Life was busy and I had told my friends I broke up with Logan. I couldn't keep that lie up anymore since I was with John.

The night I told them, I pretended to cry a little bit on the phone,

"I-I- I guess we both felt l-l like it wasn't right." I then blew my nose for effect.

"We're sorry to hear that, Y/N." My friends said with sympathy.

A few weeks later, I had put together a character to make up to tell my friends as my new boyfriend.

"Wow! What's his name?" Y/F/N asked, excitedly.

"Winston." I used John's middle name. I knew that my friends would never be able to connect the dots from there. A name could mean anything, anyway.

"Sounds like he's a bit nerdy, don't you think?" Y/O/F/N stated.

"He is, a little bit! But not the way you think."

"What way, then?"

"Artistically, verbally and mathematically."

"So, a nerd?" My friends laughed.

"Fine, I guess." I laughed a bit with them.

"What does he look like?" My other friend asked, curiously. I decided to give John's actual looks, knowing that they'd never figure it out. It felt good to finally let this out in the open to people I care about.

"Wow! He sounds adorable!" My friend cooed.

"He is." I said, dreamily and blushing.

"How old?"

"Twenty three."

"That's nice! Sounds like you got a good man, Y/N!"

"I agree, better than Logan!" Y/F/N said, making gawking noises.

"For sure!"

Meanwhile, with my other reality, it was honestly much more exciting. The Silver Beatles had now shortened their name to "The Beatles" and since it would be better with a new drummer. They had gotten a record deal and started recording their new album this year. They called the album "Please Please Me", after their first recorded song.

One day, after having written all their songs, they wanted one more to finish the album off. No one could think of anything. Not even Paul. We all sat in silence, thinking. Not so much me because I wasn't a part of the band. John, who had been clutching and stretching his legs lazily, suddenly shot up straight which startled everyone in their daze.

"I got an idea!" John cheered.

"What?" Paul asked.

"When Y/N and I met, she sang me this beautiful song." John replied, now staring at me with a warm smile. I knew immediately what song he was talking about and smiled back at him.

"What song?" George Martin asked.

"It's called I Wanna Hold Your Hand and it's by Y/N!"

"Ye write?" Paul asked, with an amazed tone.

"No, no, no!" I laughed nervously. "I just sang that one to him off the top of my head." I explained, while lying. I didn't think this moment would be brought up again since it was so long ago.

"Seriously? Let's hear it!" Ringo cheered. I looked over at the other Beatles and George Martin. They all looked curious and excited.

"Oh no, please, I can't sing for the life of me!" I exclaimed.