Chapter Fifteen - John Fields

When I got back to John, I had to tell him what happened. It only felt right.

     That night, I used the locket to go home to John. I decided to go into my car which I parked at a grocery store so I could drive home and be discreet. That's always what I did anyway. Once I got to the front door, I was about to open it with my keys when it opened extremely fast. John was standing there with a big smile on his face. I was startled by that. My facial expression was obvious of that.

     "John!" I exclaim.

     "Hey darlin'!" He moved out of the way to let me in.

     "That was - something!" I tell him.

     "I wanted to scare ye and I succeeded!"

     "You did!" I then pause, feeling at unease. I had to tell him about Daniel. "John, there's something I want to tell you."

     "What is it?" He asked, concerningly.

     "So, my boss, Daniel - um... well," I wasn't sure how to put this in words and see John's reaction. I was scared he'd freak out.

     "Go on..." He urged me.

     "He did something." I replied, nervously. John looked at me blankly, waiting for my reply. I swallowed the lump in my throat and quickly said, "He tried to make a move on me." I told him the rest of the story, too. Unlucky for me, John was good at picking up words at a fast speed so it was like ripping off the band aid for him. John just looked at the ground, silently. It made me more nervous. In this situation, silence felt worse then if he were to get pissed off and yell. After roughly 3 minutes, us standing quietly and still, John finally spoke,

     "Did he succeed?"

     "Of course not." I reply, drawing nearer to him. John finally looked from his feet to my eyes. He looked uneasy.

     "I don't want you workin' for that bloke." He spoke, calmly. I knew where he was leading with this.

     "John-"

     "Y/N, I don't want some arse sweet-talking and touching ye."

     "John, I promise it won't happen again." I try to put him at ease, but nothing works.

     "How can ye be for sure, though! If he's bold enough to do that, God only knows what he'll do next!" I could tell that John was starting to get angry. His tone was rising slowly with every word.

     "Please, John. He just has a flirtatious personality, much like you!"

     "BUT I HAVE MY LIMITS, DAMNIT, Y/N! HE OBVIOUSLY HAS NO SENSE! DON'T EVER LET ANOTHER MAN TOUCH YOU LIKE THAT!" John shouted at me. His face had turned red in fury. I simply walked back out of the house. I needed to get away from John and not say anything before this turned worse.

     I got into my car and decided to go for a drive, not knowing where I'd end up by the end of the night. I stopped by an all day diner and had breakfast for dinner, then went cruising along the highway and circled back to the main area. I figured that it still wouldn't be the best time to go back home and went somewhere else instead.

     It was now 11:30 P.M and I was exhausted. I walked up to the door and knocked lightly.