Chapter Thirty One - The Key Out

Y/N's Pov:

I got home from work and did the usual. Did the dishes and relaxed. There was nothing good on the tv at the moment, so I decided I'd pop in and visit my family and friends to surprise them.

I wrote John a note on the fridge, saying I was going to be with Ashely and headed upstairs.

    I looked for my locket in my drawer, where I had kept it after all this time. I started to panic, my breathing becoming heavy and sweat dripping down my forehead.
     "Where could it have gone?" I asked myself, thinking out loud. I rummaged quickly through every drawer, and still no sign of the locket. I decided to call one of the boys, to see if John was around. Maybe he misplaced it. I called up Paul. The phone rang twice before he answered,
     "Hello?" He spoke across the line.
     "Paul, it's Y/N. Is John with you? I need to speak to him and I can't get a hold of him." I told Paul.
     "No. Sorry, love. Could I help in any way?" He asked, kindly and concerned.
     "No, it's okay. Thanks, though. Well, have a good rest of your evening!"
     "You too!" He then hung up. I tried George and said the same thing as Paul. Ringo didn't pick up after I called him a few times. Maybe they were together?

     I went out and drove around the neighborhood, and passed by the Cavern Club. They were probably there, drinking till they pass out. I walked in, and it was packed, as usual. I circled the bar, not seeing the familiar faces. Where the hell could John be? I then bumped into a face I hadn't seen in a while. Fiona.
     "Y/N! What a surprise!" She exclaimed, bringing me into a warm hug, which I gladly accepted.
     "Gosh, it's been so long. I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch!"
     "No worries! How have you been?" She asked as we started walking along the sidewalk.

     "I've been great, thanks! Yourself?"
     "Not bad. How's being a Beatle girl? That -" I made a shhh noise and put my mouth over her mouth.
     "Keep it down because no one's approached me about it today!"
      "Sorry! But anyway, how is it?"
     "It's a mix of emotions. From happiness, to stress, to excitement... Very wack."
     "I bet! By the way, I heard you were saying you were looking for John, right?"
     "Yes, I am! Do you know where he is?" I asked, practically begging for a reply.
     "I heard he went for a drive out of town but God knows where he could be now."
     "Okay, thanks so much! I'm sorry, but I have to go now." I gave Fiona a farewell hug and spoke into it,         "See you 'round the clubs." I pulled away, smiled at her and headed home to take a drive.

     When I got home, in my living room, I saw a familiar green portal open...