Chapter Five - New Reality

"Oi!" A voice shouted. "How'd ye get here?" I fluttered my eyes open to see a face, staring down at me. "Ah, you're awake now!" They beamed. My breath hitched once I figured out who this was. I gasped as I sat up from the ground, panting, with butterflies in my stomach.

     "John? Everything alright?" A woman's voice shouted from somewhere else in the house.

     "Yes, Mimi!" John shouted back. "We need to get ye out of the house before me auntie notices!" John said, in a hushed voice. He stood up and held his hand out for me to take. I hesitated for a second and then took his cold hand in mine. He used his might to pull me up to my feet. He didn't let go of my hand while he showed me out the house. He stopped in his steps at the front door and looked behind him. "I'll be back, Mimi!" He then opened the door and led me outside.

     "Who are ye and how did ye get in my house?" John asked, firmly. He then let go of my hand and changed his facial expression from confused and playful to serious and cautious. I had to make up a quick lie and stupidly said,

     "Walked into the wrong house and fell asleep. I'm really sorry, John."

     "Hm..." He trailed. "How did ye know my name?" He asked, now looking frightened.

     "Your aunt said your name." I told, truthfully. I did know him from my reality though, obviously.

     "Right, right. Well, a pretty bird like you must have a pretty name to suit?" My cheeks turned crimson red and my stomach twisted in a whirl at his simple-sweet-nothing compliment.

     "Y/N." I smiled.

     "So, I was right!" John grinned. "Care to take a stroll with me, Y/N?"

     "I'd love to!" I accepted, surprisingly calmly.

      I followed his lead down the sidewalk as we chatted.

     "How old are ye?" John asked.

     "Y/A."

     "Ah, I'm fourteen."

     We continued to talk as we had reached the park and sat at the bench. Just the two of us. No one else is around at the moment. Not even a dog walker who'd usually go through the park.

     "I know we just met and all, but yer a really special girl, Y/N. Y'aren't like the other birds that fly my way." John smiled softly at me, holding my arm lightly. I had no idea my already tomato-red cheeks could get even hotter. He really knew how to sweep a girl off her feet.

     "Aw! You're too kind, John!" I cooed. "You're just as special."

     "I'm not being kind, I'm being truthful and it's just making ye happy." He chuckled. I laughed along with him. Another thing I loved about him was his wit. I found he had a unique sense of humor that always managed to bring joy to me. There was a comfortable silence as I stared into his mesmerizing light brown orbs, while he, in my E/C ones. We smiled at each other before John broke the silence and asked,

     "Shall we walk home, then?"

     "Yeah, alright." I nodded. He stood up and just as I was about to stand up, he put his hands on my shoulders. I stayed seated, assuming that's what he meant. He let go of my shoulders and stuck out his hand in front of me. I took it lightly as I stood up.

     As we both started walking, he interviewed our fingers. I gasped at his sudden action. He looked over at me, who was looking out at the road in front.

     "Erm... Sorry, Y/N." He quietly said, letting go of my hand. I looked over at him, seeing he felt bad for going a bit fast. I thought he'd keep hold of it, but I guess he let his guard down. 14 year old John was certainly different then the one I'd see on social media.

     "No, don't worry. I just wasn't expecting that... I'm sorry." He just smiled, but didn't bother to touch you again. He put his hands in his pockets. This seemed like a Paul or George thing to do, so I was taken aback. I then had a crazy idea. A risky one, but nice. I started to sing,

     "Oh, yeah, I'll tell you somethin'

     I think you'll understand

     When I say that somethin'

     I want to hold your hand

     I want to hold your hand"

     John then looked at me with a shocked expression. He stopped in his tracks, near his house.

     "What song is that?" He asked. "I've never heard it before."

     "Oh, um..." I hadn't thought about that part. I didn't want to tell him his future so I decided to lie, "Just a tune I made up a while ago. There's more lyrics but I don't think you'd like to hear it all." I chuckled nervously.

     "You're mental to think that, darling! That was beautiful! I'd love to hear the rest!" At this point, I had reached John's house. "Say, why don't you come in and sing for me?" He offered.

     "Sure, I'd like that." I agreed.

     He led me into his house, and then to his room.

     "Sing for me!" John exclaimed, happily. He sat on his bed and I took the seat next to him.

     I finished the song and he looked at me like I was this miracle that he'd been blessed with.

     "That's a beautiful song, Y/N. To create music like that, that instantly makes you the most creative person I know." John smiled.

     "I swear, you're too kind!" I smiled, insanely blushing. "Are you musically talented?" I asked him, feeling stupid. Of course he was! He was freaking John Lennon! He's one of the best musicians of all time!

     "I can sort of sing?" He then cleared his throat and started to sing I Wanna Hold Your Hand. It definitely sounded right. It sounded like the song. The only difference was that John's voice was higher since he was younger. This was before The Quarrymen and The Beatles. It was 1954.

     "That was really good, John! You have a sharp mind to remember all the lyrics!"

     "Yes, yes... Some call me a genius!" He cheekily grinned. He was a genius, he just didn't know it yet, very much. That comfortable silence came again, but this time, John kissed me, holding my hand just like in the song. Once we broke apart, we both smiled.

     "Yer amazing." John whispered.

     "You're my dream." I told, truthfully.

     I then decided to leave his house, to go back to my reality. I couldn't believe that I wasn't dreaming. It was too good to be true!

     When I got home, I replayed my day over and over again in my mind.