Ch 30. This Sweet, Plump and Soft Feeling

We went inside <<La Fleur de Sucre>>, and just as you might be expecting from a place with such a bluntful naming sense, there's no other way to describe the place but as a fancy café.

There were a lot of customers inside, but not enough to say that the place was crowded. In fact, there were still some empty tables so we ended up taking some seats that were in a corner of the shop. The seats were really high, and resembled sofas, so you could say that we were in some kind of a bubble that was isolating us from the rest of the people there.

"What are we ordering, Sotoka? You should clearly have something on your mind, right?"

"Of course! I'm having some pancakes~! Fufufu."

"W-Wait! Are you telling me that we came all the way here just for some pancakes?!"

No, I must have heard something wrong, because there's no way we got up that early and traveled on the bus for hours just for some pancakes, right?

"Uh? What are you talking about, Eriko? I've heard they are the best ones in the world!"

"They better be, if not, I swear that I'll..."

I started looking through the menu. There were tons of fancy names on it, but luckily, they expecified what kind of dessert they were talking about, even naming its main ingredients!

My eyes ended up finding the pancakes, and I noticed that they were accompanied by cream and strawberries. Knowing Sotoka, it was no mystery that she'll be happier if they were accompanied by some peaches, but it was not the case.

Well, luckily for her, I'm still in high spirits so I ended up ordering a dessert that came with some peaches: a slice of cake with an extremely fancy french name.

We normally go the other way around, but it is a well known fact that pancakes don't go well with peaches, they need to be accompanied by strawberries. Besides, it is not like we aren't sharing our desserts, so, since Sotoka wanted to try out the pancakes, she ended up ordering the dessert that had strawberries in it and I ordered the one with peaches.

Once our orders arrived, we started happily eating them. They were extremely delicious! Even Sotoka's pancakes were easily one of the best I've ever had. No, maybe they were, in fact, the best ones I've eaten, but I'm not going to admit that! Not at her face at least.

We ate our desserts while talking random nonsense. The soft atmosphere of the café was so relaxing and the food was so good, that at some point, everything started to feel like some kind of dream. Maybe that is why I didn't pay much attention to Sotoka's words.

"This feels like a date, right Eriko? Fufu~"

A date, uh? I looked at the remains of the dessert that was in my place until just a few moments ago. She might be right, talking while walking around, going shopping and then eating in a fancy place like this... Now that I think about it, this could be called a date.

"Well, we have a nice mood going on, so agree with you this time, this is looking like a date..."

I said a little bit absent minded while playing with the little spoon that was in my hand, moving around some of the crumbs that were still on my plate.

"Then..."

I could hear a soft voice coming from Sotoka, but maybe due to the relaxing mood that was filling the place, or maybe because I was too busy messing up with my food, I didn't pay enough attention to her. I mean, I didn't even look at her!

"Then...?"

I asked her so she could finish her sentence. I sensed how Sotoka leaned my way, maybe she was about to whisper something to me? Well, that's what I thought, but there was no way that I could expect what was going to happen next.

"Then, we should do this, so we could be sure that this was a date~"

I heard Sotoka's voice, but before I could do something, I felt her hand in my cheek pulling me to where she was. I looked on her way, and our eyes met. Her eyes were extremely close, but that was not the last of my worries.

Suddenly, I felt something plump and sticky on my lips. My clueless surprised eyes started looking for an answer, but I could only find Sotoka's closed eyes. Ah, I see, so this is...

Her soft breathing was caressing my cheek and so was her hand. I closed my eyes and managed to entangle my fingers with the ones on her other hand, which was still on the table.

I could feel how Sotoka's lips were starting to open. Don't tell me she is going to...! But sooner than later, I could feel something sweet, warm and soft slowly entering my mouth. At this point, to put it simply, my brain just disconnected.

Even if I try my hardest, there's no way for me to tell you how it felt, what I was thinking, or why my heart was beating so fast and calmly at the same time.

It seems that, even with everything I've read through my life, I still don't have the means to put into words this kind of feeling, but something, deep inside, tells me that accepting her kiss and holding her hand, is the first step to do it.

Author's Note:

Putting feelings into words could be something really harsh, however, I hope those two could find their way to happiness. This chapter could have been longer, talking about the café and some random chit chatting, however, we all know why we are here, so I gave those two what they deserved.

What will happen with the club and the other girls? Well, this trip to the city is almost over, so we just have to wait just a little bit more~ (Giving me some money will help with the wait, you know? Yeah, that was shameful, sorry...)
Anyway! We still have a lot of relationships and stories to explore, so I really hope that you'll accompany me through this journey! Let's dive together through the youth of these cute girls!