Ch 44. Daily Life: Cooking

"Well, we are finally here..." I said after dropping on the table the heavy bags full of the ingredients we bought on our way home. Maybe it's because I'm not used to exercise but it almost felt like a whole year of walking.

"But..." Kasumi said doubtful while checking the items inside the bags once more "...are you sure about this?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked her back, while searching for some pots, knives and a cutting board.

"Are...?" she said while swallowing her saliva and checking the bags once again, just to be sure about what her eyes just saw. "...are you really giving her so much?"

Now that I think about it, her confusion is understandable. Just overlooking the contents of the bags would make you certain about its contents being able to totally fill 10 Sotoka' stomachs, but once again, it's Sotoka we are talking about. But then again, it was a valid question so I gave her a valid answer.

"Oh no, it's for you."

"But...! I'm not... Well.. I'm glad but..." Kasumi said while fidgeting. I could see her cheeks turning red so I decided to clarify this before her delusions got too far.

"I'm really bad at cooking, so you'll be doing the tasting~" I said while getting one of the multiple cream boxes out of the bag and putting it over the table. "You like chocolate, right~?"

Kasumi came back to her senses after hearing that, and I could see the color getting out of her body while she gave another look to the bags that I could swear, right now, looked even bigger for her.

"Should I help...?" Kasumi asked, like someone who's bargaining for her own life, but, since I'll be cooking for Sotoka, I just gave her a "No." as an answer. She resigned and sat on the sofa while I started chopping the chocolate with one of the knives. Isn't she just being mean by acting that desperate? She wont die... I think.

••••••

"Here's the first~" I said while putting a dessert mold with something hard inside of it.

Kasumi looked at the solid top of the dessert that reflected the light of the ceiling.

"Is this a ro?" "Mousse." I said while cutting her words with a smile on my face.

I know! mousse isn't supposed to be rock solid, but could she try it first at leasts? Everyone knows that taste is the most important thing about food!

"Yeah... mousse..." She said, while looking at the solid dessert that was served for her. She let out a sigh, grabbed her spoon and stabbed the mousse.

"Oi! Couldn't you at least be more gentle?!"

"Then how else am I supposed to taste it?!" She screamed back at me while pointing at the unpolluted dessert, with not a single scratch on its surface.

"Maybe we should let it melt a bit...?" I said to myself while looking at the solid object. "Anyway, lets try out the next, just don't spill it" I said to Kasumi while going for the next dessert.

"Spill? I don't like how that sounds.." I could hear Kasumi mutter something at the distance.

••••••

"Here's the second~" I said while carefully pothing a dessert mold right in front of Kasumi. It was pretty difficult because with each of my movements, the content just made a giant wave towards the edges.

"Isn't that just wa-?" "Mousse." I said while cutting her words with a smile on my face.

I know! mousse isn't supposed to be that liquid, but could she try it first at leasts? Everyone knows that taste is the most important thing about food!

Kasumi's trembling hand went towards the chocolate soup and immersed her spoon into the strange mix.

The moment the spoon entered Kasumi's mouth, I could swear I saw for a brief second her soul leaving her body. But, after hardly swallowing the mix, Kasumi spoke, so I convinced myself that it was just my imagination.

"I-I can taste.. the water?" She said while doubting her own words, with her gaze lost into the nothingness of existence, "aren't you supposed to put milk into the mix?"

"Yeah, of course I put milk on it! I melt the chocolate, pour water into it and then the instant milk, I'm not stupid you know!" I said while briefly describing the processes required to make that chocolate soup.

Kasumi's eyes looked even more lifeless as she asked for the next dessert.

••••••

"Here! I hope you like this one, they look pretty decent!" I proudly said while putting a tray of cookies in front of her.

"At least this looks... Edible?" Kasumi said while looking at the cookies in front of her, still a little bit suspicious about my cooking. "Should I eat them, then?" She asked, more for herself than towards me, as she grabbed one of the cookies. As she did, her fingers plunged inside of it, as if the cookie offered no resistance at all, almost as if it was a plushie or soft sand.

"They are... soft? Are they even cooked?!" She screams to me, after tasting a bit of the mix that was covering the tip of her index.

"You are right, maybe I should keep them longer inside of the oven" I said, hitting the palm of my hand with my closed fist.

••••••

"Here.." I said, laying the new tray of cookies in front of Kasumi, with a doubtful smile on my face.

"These ones are burnt!" Kasumi screamed.

######################

Shout out to my Patrons:

-Gonzalo

-Mr.barny

-Jaredman92

I'm really thankful for your support through this journey. c: