Accusation and Trusts

Danzel returned home early today as they had to leave for USA. Glancing at his wristwatch, he headed up towards Inessa's room. He didn't want to get late.  

The door to her room was slightly ajar. Pressing his hand on the door, he parted it further. 

Inessa was making her bed when she heard the creak of the door. She straightened up instantly and turn around to find Danzel standing at the doorway, blocking the space with his huge frame. How much he had changed over the years, Inessa thought. No longer he was a spoiled, lean boy with an attitude problem but a dashing man oozing masculinity and confidence. His muscles were bulging under his grey cloth of jacket. She had touched them, felt them, clung onto them whenever he rendered her breathless with his beast-like virility.

Unlike earlier, he also held an air of mystery around him. Inessa let out a breath. His built was, no doubt, huge and intimidating. Inessa was sure even 3 of her put together wouldn't be able to match his huge size. But despite his massive built he knew how to carry himself with grace. He had an elegance of an aristocrat and the charm of a fallen angel. He was perfect for the eyes that hadn't seen his hideous soul. A saint for those who hadn't endured his beast that came out every night to ravage her. This man was a deceiver but Inessa had seen his true colors. He was nothing but a monster.      

She was aware of his inscrutable eyes that were surveying her appearance closely. She was wearing a simple light pink cotton dress that reached just below her knee.

"You ready?" he asked as he approached her with easy, lazy strides. She gave a nod and looked away. 

The man halted in front of her. She was feeling uncomfortable under his scrutinizing gaze. 

She didn't notice when he pulled something out of his trouser's pocket. It was only when he grabbed her hand, did she raise her eyes to meet his.

She looked down when he started wrapping something around her wrist. It was a watch. 

"Press this red button if you ever feel you are in danger and need help," he instructed while fastening the band around her dainty wrist. Inessa looked up at him, confused. 

Danzel knew his father. Just like him, he was as vicious as a vapor. He always followed through with his threats. Keeping her close wasn't enough, he had to make sure she was safe all the time and for that, he needed to be aware of her whereabouts. It's not that he was going to let her get far from him but he wanted to be prepared for any threat. 

It was a shame he was going this far to protect the woman who was responsible for the breaking down of his family.     

His eyes narrowed slightly when he noticed a diamond ring on her wedding finger. This was the first time he had noticed it. She had never worn it before. He stared at it for a moment. The ring was no doubt, stunning but for Danzel, it was nothing more than an eyesore. He grasped her finger and pulled the ring out a little harshly. Inessa winced and tried to pull her hand away but he didn't allow it. It was clear he didn't like what he saw.

She intentionally had worn the ring to remind him that she still belonged to his brother. She was his widow and he had no right over her. 

After removing it from her finger, he slid it into his pocket. Her brows creased in disapproval. That was her possession. 

She asked him to give it to her. His gaze was calm and cool but the slight twitch in his jaw told a different story.          

"You don't need it anymore," he stated plainly and turned. Inessa clenched her fists. 

He halted momentarily by the door and looked over his shoulder. "Now move your lazy ass. I am not going to get late because of you," he threw at her before turning his eyes ahead. Inessa glared at his huge back, fuming silently, as he walked out the door. She hadn't asked him to take her along.