Criminal

It was 4 in the morning when the door of her room burst open. Startled by the sudden noise, she bolted up from her bed. The sight awaiting her was the least she had expected. Danzel was standing at the door. His hair was tousled and there was a crazed glint in his eyes. His dark appearance caused a cold shudder to creep up her spine. The woman shrunk back in her bed. Her gaze locked on the bloodstains that tainted his clothes.  

Her breathing further stuttered as he started striding towards her with calculative steps.

She whimpered in fear while scooting backward. He ignored her unease and forged ahead with a stoic face, slowly driving her over the edge. Before long her back hit the bedpost. She watched him coming closer with timid eyes. He halted right in front of her and grabbed her arm with his blood-stained hand. Inessa's face paled. Without giving her time to comprehend, he pulled her up to her knees. Startled, she clutched the lapel of his jacket and looked at him in disbelief. 

Ignoring her discomfort, he drew her closer. So close that they were breathing the same air now.  

His eyes keenly scrutinized her wobbly lips before they moved up to crash with her doe-like eyes. 

Those brown orbs were peering at him with apprehension, not realizing it was him at their mercy. He was just a victim and they were his oppressors. His cruel, ruthless tormentors. They had destroyed him the very first moment of their meeting and what remained of him was still spellbound by their beauty. How many nights they had kept him awake. How many years he longed to see them.

They had tuned hazel under the soft glow of the lamp. So beautiful. They were tempting him to fill them with tears of pleasure and lust. He loved when they glowed with arousal and also when they dimmed with exhaustion once he got done with her.  

He allowed himself a moment to drown in the beauty of her eyes. Would he ever get over them? Would there be a day when he wouldn't think about her every second of every minute? She had burned into his essence. 

He put his thumb under her eye and applied a little pressure. A drop of tear spilled down her eyes onto his thumbpad. He brought it closer to his lips and kissed it. 

Inessa watched him in confusion as he leaned into her neck and breathe in her sweet scent. There was something very calm about her scent, very placid. 

He let a few moments pass before he reluctantly drew away. 

He straightened up and pulled her off the bed. Without saying a word he started dragging her out of the room and down the stairs. She tried to break free but there was no escape from his firm grip.

Her brows scrunched in confusion when he dragged her into the basement. The room was cold and dark. A chill ran up her spine as she entered the premises. Her eyes cautiously scanned the room and her breath hitched when she found a man tied to the chair. From tip to toe, the person was covered in blood. Th bruises and cuts were everywhere. He seemed to be taking his last breath. 

She squinted to get a better view of the man and when she did, the color drained down her face. The blood froze in her veins. Panic surged through her. 

Uncle Arthur.

She retreated a step collided into the hard chest behind her. She was sivering and her body had turned cold. A pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around her and pressed her flushed against his chest. The heat of his body seeped into her. Lost in her grief, she didn't notice how he had cocooned her in his safety. 

Soon her knees gave away. she would have fallen if not for Danzel's hold around her. 

Seeing him brought all the ugly memories back. The accusations, the pain, the disgust in her father's eyes. Everything. Seeing him was paining her physically. She didn't want to remember that time. That was teh worst time of her life. She was abandoned, backstabbed, humiliated, molested. That incident had scarred her for life. She didn't want to see him again.