Wedding Preparation

The wedding date was just a week away. If Danzel could, he would have married her the next day only but she needed some time to adjust to her new life. He had waited for her for 16 years and now that she was this close to him, this one week felt impossible to endure. He decided to spend days buying gifts for her that he would give her on their wedding night. He bought three art galleries for her, four villas, an island in the Caribbean, a wedding ring encrusted with a rare diamond. He also bought her countless jewelry pieces and much more. He was going to spoil his wife with his wealth and love. He will bring her whatever she wanted, she needed. 

He was desperate to get noticed by her, not as a brutal heartless mafia king but as someone who was hopelessly in love with her.     

He will set everything right between them. He will do whatever it takes to make her fall for him. He will make up for every pain he inflicted on her.      

He even took her on a date. Inessa wasn't convinced but he asserted that it was important for them to get comfortable with each other before entering into this sacred bond. He was already comfortable with her and wanted her to get comfortable with him as well as she was before all these misunderstandings. God, he wanted only her as his wife since the moment he had seen her. She called to him like water calls to a thirsty man. 

"Have you decided where will you be staying after the wedding," he asked, hoping against hope that she would stay with him only. But she shook her head in no, shattering his hopes. 

"Ohh," he gave a half nod and shoved a piece of meat inside his mouth.

She was quietly pecking on her food. Currently, they were sitting on the deck of a large Yacht, having their dinner. The entire yacht was decorated with fairy tales and candles. If it had been up to him, he would have decorated the whole city with lights. After all, the love of his life had finally agreed to go on a date with him. It was a big day for him. 

The mafia King was in a state of nerves the whole day. He had asked her out but lacked knowledge on how to arrange for a date. He had never been on a date before. Yes, he had many fuckbuddies but they were just that, fuckbuddies. Nothing more than that. He never took any of them on a date. None of them ever caught his heart, not even for a second, for his heart was already owned by a certain woman.     

He considered hiring an event manager for the date but quickly struck down the idea, he wanted to do it by himself. So he started searching on google. After tireless searching for hours, he finally came up with an idea. 

A date on a Yacht.

He had noticed her and Andrei playing by the streams. It was clear she loved the water. A date on the sea seemed best to him. 

He snuck a glance at her and when he did, he couldn't move his eyes away. She was chewing on her food. Every time he looked at her, his heart would swell with warmth and fondness. His eyes glittered with admiration and all his anxiety, stress disappeared like they never existed. 

She had this effect on him. 

Her beauty had blinded him completely. She was wearing a red color knee-length dress with minimal makeup. Red was suiting her. Her luscious hair was swaying playfully with the rhythm of the wind. Her lashes, thick and long, were downcast. How he wished for her to lift them and bless him with the sight of her hypnotizing eyes. How he wished for her to come closer and press her soft, lush lips against his. How he wished for her to love him.  

It was a good thing she hadn't caught him gawking at her like a teenage boy yet. He cleared his throat.  

"You didn't like the food?" he asked quietly, She flicked her gaze up on him, making his heart skip a beat. Overwhelmed by her beauty, he gulped down the unchewed food and choked on it, and break into a fit of cough. Her eyes turned round as lines of worry etched her features.