The Next Day

Y/N was making breakfast when Lin knocked at her door the next morning. She offered him to come in and join her. He took a seat at the counter and looked at the plate of eggs Y/N had prepared for herself.
“You sure you want to eat that?” he asked
“Well yes that’s why I made it,” she said reaching for the plate. But before she could, Lin pushed it out of her reach.
“You have a photoshoot in a week. Just drink this,” he said giving her the pot of coffee.
Y/N sighed knowing that there is no way she could eat now. She decided to grab something later. Lin was looking at her like he was examining something on her face.
“What are you looking at?” Y/N asked taking her first sip of coffee. Her stomach grumbled, she hadn’t eaten in almost 24 hours and all she could think of was Lin leaving.
“I have got your contract. Sign it. I have looked through it. Just sign,” he extended a file towards her along with a pen.
“I am not doing it I told you.”
“Stop arguing and just do it.”
“I won’t. I am an artist and I choose who I want to work with.”
“Ok you want to play that game? Good. If you don’t sign this, the company will drop you right now and you will have to pay them double your signing amount as compensation.”
Y/N was taken aback but she could feel that Lin was bluffing.
As if he could read her thoughts he said, “It was in your original contract. I didn’t tell you this at that time because you are young and you can’t make these decisions.” Lowering his voice a little he touched her shoulder. “Just do as I say. I want the best for us.”
Y/N took the contract and signed on the flagged pages and handed it back to Lin.
“I should get ready,” she said disheartened.
“Don’t be sad,” he said trying to comfort her
“I am not sad. I am just pissed at you.”
“I would be fine. You are overreacting.”
“No I am not. You should have told me about the clause in the original contract. You said yes to Hybe without consulting me. You know I can’t work with Namjoon. You know I can’t stand him and you still force me to collaborate with him…” she was screaming at him now. She was angry at him, at Hobi and especially at herself for last night.
“Is that why you have been sleeping with him?” Lin said. The question had destabilized her. She was flustered, feeling exposed almost.
“Don’t even try to lie. I saw you coming out of the bathroom the night of the party. And that…” he said pointing under her earlobe “Proves that I am right.”
Y/N wasn’t aware that Namjoon had left a hickey there. She decided to give him a mouthful later. But now she had to win this. She couldn’t get caught- not for something she didn’t even do.
“I didn’t sleep with anyone Lin. I was drunk and got into the men’s washroom by mistake. I had a huge argument with RM that’s why I was flustered. You know how I am when I lose my temper. And this is actually from a curling iron. You can ask my stylist if you want.”
She knew Lin would not ask anyone that would be too risky for her reputation. Gossip spread like wildfire in the industry and it happened mostly through staffs.
Lin moved closer to you. He took her hands in his and squeezed them gently.
“This will be good for us. Trust me. You will like it.”
“I don’t think so.”
“Apart from Namjoon everyone else is your friend. Stick to them. You will be fine.”
She was about to say something. But stopped. There was no point in arguing. This was happening. She was going to work with Namjoon after 6 years. It scared her. But somewhere she was excited too. She wasn’t as naïve as before. She will fight for herself and her career this time. BTS was just a spring board to her greatness. She won’t let him use her like he did all those years ago. She will prove herself and she will finally take her deserved share of the success.
~

Namjoon was in his studio that afternoon. He was writing the lyrics for the upcoming songs. He was at it for almost 7 hours now, but it seemed like he was stuck which was uncharacteristic for him. So Yoongi and Hobi had joined him some 3 hours ago offering help. But he was reluctant to take it.
“Don’t stress yourself so much Namjoon-ah,” Yoongi said looking at his disturbed face, “You will get there.”
“Yeah. Let’s hear what you have till now.” Hobi said.
Namjoon was reluctant to share his work. He knew what he had was crap. He knew this was probably some of the worse lyrics he had written in his entire career. But he couldn’t turn them down. So he picked up his notebook and read, “Her voice so bright/ her eyes my light/ she stood so tall/ her smile made me fall…”
“And those lyrics are fuck all.” The sudden interruption had everyone in the room shocked.
Namjoon knew who that voice belonged. He just couldn’t believe that this was happening – that she was seeing him at his lowest; most vulnerable state. He turned his head towards the studio door. Y/N was standing there in her blue shorts and sweatshirt looking all bright and cheery and grinning at him. And there he was looking like someone who hadn’t slept or eaten in days.
It was Hobi who got up first followed by Yoongi. Both of them embraced her into a hug.
“Y/N-ah I have missed you so much,” Yoongi said breaking the hug.
“I can’t wait to work with you just like old times,” she said taking a seat on the couch.
“Thank me for making that happen,” Hobi said nudging Y/N with his elbow.
Hobi and Yoongi had made themselves comfortable around her. Hobi on the other end of the couch and Yoongi on the chair next to it.
The entire cheeriness of the act made Namjoon nauseous.  He suddenly felt distant from his own friends. He turned in his chair and was now facing her.
“What did you say about the song?” he asked curtly
“It’s fucking shit. I thought you were good but damn RM.”
He gritted his teeth. The frustration in him that was bubbling after her arrival was now at the verge of spilling into an outburst.
“Do you have any suggestion or are you just here to be sarcastic?” he said with a very fake smile on his face.
Y/N straightened up leaned forward and thought for a second and said “Her voice so bright/ her eyes my light/I could see her soul/ she was blues/Hidden under rock n roll.”