Do as I Say

Y/N woke up to weird noises an hour later. It took her a few seconds to realize where she was. It was not like she was hungover, she only had two drinks. But the caffeine crash and the general exhaustion had resulted in a slight grogginess. She sat up on the couch and saw Namjoon doing something in the kitchen in the dark.

"What are you doing?" she mumbled. 

"Did I wake you?" he said with a saucepan in his hand.

"No it's okay. Hobi can be here anytime now. I should leave."

She straightened up and started looking for her belongings.

"Y/N," Namjoon's voice had a alien softness to it- something she forgot he was capable of possessing, "Can you help me with this?"

"What are you doing?"

"Well I need to boil some water and I can't get this stove top to work. Can you help?"

"Mr. 148 IQ needs help with a stove top! Aww," she was being deliberately condescending.

"I don't know why I asked you for your help. Just leave."

"How can I leave when the alternative is to see you suffer."

Namjoon rolled his eyes as Y/N strutted towards the kitchen. After examining everything she started laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny?" he said irritated

"You...are such a fool."

"You know what I will figure it out myself." He went on to  aggressively fiddle with the buttons next to the stove top.

"Stop. Stop. You will burn down this house," she said holding on to his wrists, "There is an electric kettle right behind you. You don't need the stove."

Namjoon looked shocked. He turned around immediately and was quickly embarrassed to see the kettle.

"It's ok RM it must be difficult to store so many things in that puny brain of yours."

"Nothing about me is puny. You should know that by now." Y/N had gone quiet now, her cheeks turning a pinkish hue.

"I should leave. We should discuss the ground rules in an open space..."

"Yes with people around...where you will not lead me on..." he stepped closer.

"Where you won't be able to kiss me out of the blue..." she reverted back. 

"Where..." she placed a firm hand on his chest stopping him from coming any closer. 

"We can't do this here. Meet me tomorrow morning at Hybe's cafeteria. Don't be late I have to meet Yoongi for our song at 9." 

Y/N left the apartment and all the emotions from the evening came rushing back to her. Lin's words haunted her for the rest of the night.

~

They next morning it was Y/N who was late. She rushed into the cafeteria only to see Namjoon sitting with two cups of coffee.

"This one's for me?"  she said grabbing one.

"No sorry, no thank you, I guess you still don't know what manners are." She rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Can we please get to the point I just have 10 minutes."

"And I have all the time in the world. What work will I have?"

"Ok I am sorry for being late. Can you please drop it now."

"6 years and you are still not punctual."

"6 years and you are still and ass. Let's get to business now."