0 | CUPID

[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍]

The last thing that Rupert Giles needed two months before the great Slayer was prophesied to arrive at Sunnydale was a Cupid dropped on his doorstep

The last thing that Rupert Giles needed two months before the great Slayer was prophesied to arrive at Sunnydale was a Cupid dropped on his doorstep. But there she was along with strict instructions for the Watcher to take her in — under his wing, so to speak, but Giles didn't appreciate the pun.

She needed everything — a name, a home, a social security number, help learning to hide her wings. Cupids, after all, didn't exist on the same plane of existence that humans did, and very rarely was one sent to Earth and given a human body. And when they did, their trademark personalities weren't exactly something that Giles had the patience for.

"It says here that you've been banished for misuse of your powers," Giles noted, looking at the young girl who was too busy studying the color of her brown hair. "And that most of your abilities have been revoked. Exactly how did you misuse your powers?"

Kitty — she hadn't actually met Xander Harris yet, who would bestow the nickname unto her — looked up from her hair that she wished was a little lighter. She smiled a bit sheepishly, glad that Giles didn't receive an actual list of all the mistakes she'd made over the years.

"Bad aim."