23 | MINIONS

OH, BRAD FROM HIGH SCHOOL SOUNDS TERRIFYING.

[ 5

[ 5.02 ]

"Wakey, wakey, eggs and — well, I have bacon but you have blood."

Spike couldn't help but smile as Kitty came into his crypt, having woken up early to eat breakfast with him. She had a thermos of blood in one hand and a bag from Mcdonald's in the other. He stayed in his armchair but reached out for the mug once she was close enough.

"Morning, Kitten," he greeted. "Thanks for breakfast."

"Morning. Though, I guess you're gonna go to bed as soon as I leave, so, I guess this is dinner for you," Kitty said, sitting on the floor in front of his coffee table so she could pull out her order of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "Teddy said he saw you at Willy's last night with Clem. Please, tell me you're not in any serious cat debt."

"No, not in cat debt," Spike said chuckling. Then he took the top off the thermos and drank from it. He found he was in for a surprise as he did. "Did - did you put Weetabix in this?"

"Of course," she said, not thinking anything of it as she put syrup over her food. "I know it's been a few months, but I wouldn't forget how you like it. G is gonna be pissed when he realizes I swiped the last in the box."

Spike stared at Kitty fondly, who was all too unaware of it. Doing things because he liked them just came naturally to her. She didn't give something like that a second thought as she continued talking.

"Can't stay super long. Gonna go school shopping with Dawnster," she told him.

"Ah, how is the little Niblet?" Spike asked, moving past the small moment of affection that washed over him.

Kitty snorted and shook her head. "Don't call her that — we all know you like Dawn too much to eat her."

"It's a term of endearment," he said, rolling his eyes playfully. "She's Niblet just like you're my Kitten."

It was a good thing Kitty was chewing or she wouldn't have been able to hide her smile. His Kitten.

"Well, Niblet is doing fine," Kitty told him. "She's ready for school to start back. We can all tell she's got a fat crush on Teddy. It's cute."

"Not worried about competition?" Spike asked teasingly. Of course, inside he was filled with jealousy each time. He never was around Kitty and Teddy together long enough to determine if they had any romantic feelings for each other.

It was a laughably wrong assumption, though Kitty was too oblivious to even say it was wrong. To think that anyone thought there was something romantic going on between the two Cupids never crossed her mind.

"She does steal a lot of his free time," Kitty said, shrugging. "But any time I demand attention, Teddy gives it to me. Everyone does, actually."

She never had to demand Spike's attention because she always had it.