3 | KENDRA

[ still not much spike. really just focusing on other friendships and establishing kitty's personality. i have a fat crush on wentworth miller and was so sad when they didn't keep his character past the one episode. i'm still deciding if i want to do anything with gage or not. def let me know what you think ! ]

♡︎

MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A TROPHY WIFE?

 WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A TROPHY WIFE?

[ 2.09 — 2.10 ]

The lounge at the high school was full of people as the career fair went on. Kitty sat at a table with Xander and Buffy, all of them beginning the questionnaire while they waited for Willow to join them. It was taking Kitty a little longer, as she had to pause and ask the others to explain questions that she didn't understand.

"Are you a people person, or do you prefer keeping your own company?" Xander read aloud. "Well, what if I'm a people person who keeps his own company by default?"

"I love people," Kitty said, smiling. She skipped down to that question on her own test and marked down her answer.

"And they love you," Buffy told her. "Xander, just mark none of the above."

"Well, there are no boxes for none of the above," he informed her. By then, Willow silently joined them, beginning her own questionnaire. "That would introduce too many variables into their mushroom head, number-crunching little world."

"They don't really have mushrooms in their head, right?" Kitty asked. "Or is there some kind of mushroom demon that gives personality tests to teenagers? And they put on career fairs?"

"I think that's exactly what's going on," Xander replied, waiving at all the workers. "Mushroom demons, the lot of them."

"I'm sensing bitterness," Willow claimed, laughing a little.

"No, it's just these people can't tell from one multiple-choice test what we're gonna be doing for the rest of our lives. It's ridiculous!"

Willow smiled at Xander's dramatics. "I'm kinda curious to find out what sort of career I could have."

"What, and suck all the spontaneity out of being young and stupid?" he asked. "I'd rather live in the dark."

"You're not gonna be young forever," Willow warned.

"Yes, but I'll always be stupid," he said, smirking. Then he looked at the girls, who remained silent. "Okay, let's not all rush to disagree."

Buffy slowly looked up at him from her test. She waited a little too long before responding with, "You're not stupid."