8 | ANGRY

[ i know a few of you reading this haven't watched buffy or just started it to read this. so if you've not watched it all, or at least through season 3, then you'll probably be confused. i'm only fully covering episode 8 of the third season with a quick scene from 7 at the beginning like a sort of recap. pretty much every important thing, including faith and angel's eventual departure, will be glossed over in order to get to season 4 and spike ]

♡︎

NO WAY! YOU'RE TOTALLY HOTTER THAN A CHAOS DEMON. I'VE SEEN PICTURES.

PREVIOUSLY ON STUPID CUPID

Buffy walked into the library with a little pep in her step after the previous night of patrol. "Lagos is out of luck," she announced, referring to the current small evil of the week they were facing. "I got the magic mitten thingy. "

She stopped to see everyone gathered. Xander, Willow, Cordelia, and Oz sat at the table while Giles stood next to it. Kitty was the only one sitting apart from the others, over by the stairs with her chin propped on her knees. They all wore similar serious and upset expressions, which Buffy picked up on.

"What's with all the tragedy masks?" she asked.

Giles nodded to the table. "Better take a seat, Buffy."

Xander got out of his chair and nudged it over a bit so that it was at the head of the table before moving to stand by Cordelia. Buffy slowly sat in the chair, looking at Giles.

"What's going on?"

"We know Angel is alive," Giles told her, shocking Buffy. "Xander saw you with him. It would appear that you've been hiding him and that you lied to us."

Buffy looked away, unable to look any of them in the eye.

"Nobody's here to blame you, Buffy. But this is serious. You need help," Willow told her.

"It's not what you think," Buffy said quickly.

"Hope not," Xander chimed in. "Because I think you're harboring a vicious killer."

"This isn't about attacking Buffy," Willow interjected. "Remember, 'I' statements only. 'I feel angry.' 'I feel worried.'"

Cordelia spoke up next. "Fine. Here's one. I feel worried... about me! Last time around, Angel barely laid a hand on Buffy. He was way more interested in killing and maiming her friends."

No one was looking at Kitty to see her flinch.

"But he's better now," Buffy argued.

"Better for how long, Buffy?" Xander asked. "I mean, did you even think about that?"