32 | CODE PINK

[ um, i would let glory spit in my mouth. i'd also sell dawn out in exchange for one kiss. they had no right making her so hot and then expect for me not to root for her. anyway, thank you for coming to my ted talk. really looking forward to all the comments this chapter ]

♡︎

IF YOU COULD NOT CALL ME YOUR GOOD GIRL, THAT'D BE GREAT. BECAUSE IT'S EVIDENTLY MADE ME REALIZE SOMETHING ABOUT MYSELF, WHICH MAKES THIS WHOLE KIDNAPPING THING VERY CONFUSING.

 BECAUSE IT'S EVIDENTLY MADE ME REALIZE SOMETHING ABOUT MYSELF, WHICH MAKES THIS WHOLE KIDNAPPING THING VERY CONFUSING

[ 5.18 ]

The kitchen of the Summers' house was full as Buffy, Dawn, Kitty, Teddy, and Giles all cleaned up and dried the dishes from dinner. To make sure Dawn and Buffy were eating properly and not just fast food, Giles was making a habit of coming over and cooking for them every few days.

Dawn had been drying the dishes as Buffy washed them but she got distracted, and now she and Kitty were swatting each other with dish towels. Teddy was drying the dishes in their place. Giles came back in with a wet rag, having finished wiping the table off.

"Giles, you don't have to help," Buffy told him. "You cooked."

"Oh, come on, I quite like to cook for the twins," he said. Dawn snickered as Giles referred to them as such, something that'd started as a joke but they didn't even think about anymore. "And helping you two out makes me feel useful."

"I remember when I used to make him feel useful," Kitty said, wiping away an imaginary tear.

"Yes, such a shame you can function on your own. Where, oh, where did I go wrong?" Giles asked, raising an amused eyebrow.

"Wanna clean out the garage on Saturday?" Dawn then asked him. "You can feel indispensable."

"Hmm, how tempting," he said sarcastically, not loving the idea of physical labor.

"Dawn, if there are any plates in your room, let's have them before they get furry and we have to name them," Buffy told her sister.

Dawn looked at Buffy, unamused. "Hey, I was like five then," she stated. Then she sheepishly smiled at Kitty. "Will you help me? There may be two trips worth." Kitty snorted and shoved Dawn toward the stairs.

"How's she doing?" Giles asked, referring to Dawn. Buffy simply gave him a look. "And you?"

"I'm okay," she said, shrugging. "Well, some minutes are harder than others."

"I'm so sorry. All I can say is i-it will get better."

"It has to," Buffy said. She finished with the dishes and tried her hands on the towel Teddy was holding. "We're holding up though, you know, getting into a routine."