7 | FINALS

[ yes, i am skipping the episode "go fish" because i'm impatient. gage was obviously not a serious thing as this is a spike fic. i just wanted her to have a little relationship experience. i also think the concept of her boyfriend turning into a fish is hilarious and know xander and oz have a field day making jokes when kitty's not around

again, no romance yet. BUT next chapter will have our first wholesome and fun spike/kitty interactions. enjoy and i look forward to your comments during the last half of this chapter ]

♡︎

YOU NEVER KNOW ANYTHING, KITTY.

[ 2

[ 2.21 — 2.22 ]

Everyone's attention was on Xander as they sat around a table in the cafeteria. He had two fish sticks in hand, one with a toothpick through it like it was holding a stake as he re-enacted the fight from Buffy's patrol the previous night.

"Tell Angel I'm gonna kill him! No, wait. I'm gonna kill you!" Xander said, making his voice higher to mimic Buffy. Then he repeatedly stabbed the toothpick into the other fish stick meant to be the vampire. "Die! Die! Die!" Kitty giggled as he let the vampire fish stick fall, letting out a cry of anguish. "Aah! Mother!"

Cordelia looked at her boyfriend in amusement. "Is that it?"

"Yeah. That's it," he said, chuckling. "Scene!"

"That's exactly how it happened," Buffy agreed.

"Well, I thought it was riveting," Oz stated. "Uh, I was a little unclear about some of the themes."

"The theme is Angel's too much of a coward to take me on face-to-face," Buffy mumbled.

"And the other theme was 'Buy American', but it, uh, got kind of buried," Xander added, still playing with the food.

Willow looked at Buffy from her seat on Oz's lap. "Do you think you're ready to fight Angel?"

It had been a month since Jenny died. A lot had happened, and Buffy had seen Angel only a handful of times since then. "I wish people would stop asking me that. Yes, I'm ready. I'm also willing and able. Just the one test I might actually pass."

"Don't say that! You're gonna pass everything. I will get you through this semester if I have to sweat blood," Willow assured her.

"Do you think you're likely to? 'Cause I'd like to be elsewhere," Xander chimed in.

"It was only metaphor blood," she claimed.

"I think you'd sweat cute blood," Oz told Willow.

Willow smiled sweetly at him before turning back to Buffy. "Sixth period, after my computer class, we'll rock on chemistry."