Chapter Sixteen

hello sorry for the long wait. I haven't been in the mood to write anything. If you can leave comments, it would be a huge motivation for me. Thank you for still reading this book!

 Thank you for still reading this book!

05/02/2020

Taehyung woke up feeling too warm. He felt as if there was something all around him, like a blanket, that weighted his whole body down. His petal eyelids fluttered open and he squinted his eyes to prevent the bright light that had woken him up in the first place directly hit his eyes. He tried to bring his hand to cover his eyes, only to find out that he couldn't move his hands.

The realization that something was wrong registered in his mind and Taehyung's eyes sprang open. He first saw the window a few feet away from the bed he was lying atop. The curtains were almost fully closed and there was only a small gap between them that let the bright rays of the sun seep through. The room was basked in darkness, the sunlight only illuminating a portion of the room.

Taehyung realized that he wasn't in his room. This room was alien. And oh! He was in Jeongguk's room. He had fallen asleep with Jeongguk the previous night and-

Jeongguk!

It was Jeongguk's heavy arm that was around Taehyung's thin body, restricting him from moving his arm or torso.

Taehyung could feel the other boy's breath falling on the back of his neck; slow and rhythmic. Beautiful. His whole body was pressed against Taehyung's back. A smile crept up onto Taehyung's lips and he decided to stay like this, basking in Jeongguk's warmth. It wasn't uncomfortable and no longer too warm.

Taehyung's heart was bubbling with happiness. He hadn't felt this content in a while. In fact, he hadn't felt this kind of happiness ever in his life.

He had never been in love. He had always been closed to the idea and the moment he was presented as an omega, it was decided that he was going to be engaged to Seojoon. Even though the two of them never talked like that and even their friendship turned into something a little more than strangers, they both knew that the elders wanted to marry them off. Taehyung knew that Seojoon is a good person and maybe if Taehyung explained to him how he is in love with someone else, he would understand. He could help Taehyung convince their parents to call off this marriage.

Taehyung's heart felt heavy thinking about the future. As much as he wanted to be with Jeongguk, it felt as if with his parents, he could never do that.

However, now, he had someone he could spill his heart open to and actually talk about how his parents treated him. he had always been reluctant to talk to Jimin about it since he was embarrassed about the whole 'arranged marriage' thing. It was so outdated and no one really did that anymore.

Taehyung let out a sigh. He felt Jeongguk shift behind him a little and his grip on the omega's body loosened a little. Taehyung could feel his lower belly hurting a little. Nature was calling and he needed to run to the bathroom.