Chapter Twenty Five

hello!

Taehyung's father's piercing gaze bore into Jeongguk as the weight of the question hung heavily in the air

Taehyung's father's piercing gaze bore into Jeongguk as the weight of the question hung heavily in the air. Jeongguk could feel his heart pounding in his chest and anxiety coiling like a snake in the pit of his stomach. The tension was palpable as the room seemed to close in around them. A shiver of realization coursed through Jeongguk as he returned Minseok's gaze. Taehyung's fear of his father suddenly made sense, and Jeongguk's heart ached for the omega he loved so much. Jeongguk felt a sickening wave of unease wash over him as he considered Minseok's possible wrath.

With his voice steady but tinged with apprehension, Jeongguk regained his composure and met Minseok's intense gaze. "Sir, I can assure you that my relationship with Taehyung is entirely platonic. We are friends, acquaintances at best. Our friend circles collide, and we have common interests. Our interactions have always been within the boundaries of friendship."

Minseok's throat let out a low growl that sent chills down Jeongguk's spine. Jeongguk struggled to maintain his composed demeanour as the air fizzed with an underlying sense of danger. He was well aware of the forbidden nature of his feelings for Taehyung, the implications they carried, and the potential consequences they would both face if their relationship was discovered.

Minseok's voice cut through the tense silence, tinged with a mix of anger and concern. "There's something between you and my young omega son, something that goes beyond friendship. I can see it in the way you look at each other, the way you care for one another. Now, tell me the truth-what are your intentions for Taehyung?"

Jeongguk's throat tightened, his words catching for a moment before he managed to respond. "Sir, my intentions towards him are pure. I can assure you that. If you think I have feelings that transcend our friendship, you should know that I wouldn't catch feelings for someone who is already engaged"

Taehyung's father's eyes narrowed. "So you know about the arrangement"

"Yes, Taehyung spoke to me about it once"

Minseok hummed. "This marriage's purpose is to draw a connection between the two biggest packs in this area. The Park Pack and the Kim Pack. It's an important alliance and it's a promise made that can never be undone"

"I understand, sir" Jeongguk muttered. "Taehyung didn't speak such details about it to me" He lied. "Is Taehyung in favour of this?"

Minseok's gaze scanned Jeongguk. He sighed, conflict flashing across his face at Jeongguk's question. "That is out of topic"

"I don't mean to overstep, Mr Kim. I'm asking this as a friend of his. What future would await Taehyung if he gets married to a person he only sees as a brother?"

Minseok frowned. "He had known about this marriage since he has presented as an omega. If he wasn't able to settle his mind into marrying Seojoon, that's on him"

Jeongguk fisted his hands by his sides. "Sometimes, it's difficult to see someone you have known your whole life in a romantic light. It could be the case for Taehyung too. He is the one who's going to have to spend the rest of his life with Seojoon. Not the people who arranged the marriage. It's your son. Would you want him to suffer for the rest of his life when he gets married to someone he doesn't even love?"