Chapter Forty One

Hi guys so sorry for not updating for almost a month. Life had been really stressful and I haven't had the peace of mind to write anything at all. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter❤️❤️❤️

 I hope you guys enjoy this chapter❤️❤️❤️

29/06/2020

As the day of the duel drew closer, Taehyung's anxiety too grew. There was only a day left until the duel took place and Jeongguk was at his training, torturing his body to become stronger.

Taehyung could see it; the way Jeongguk grew stronger. He knew it from the way Jeongguk's well-defined muscles were now chiselled, sculpted by relentless hours of training. The strength in Jeongguk's grip, once gentle and reassuring, now held a power that spoke of resilience. As he effortlessly lifted weights, Taehyung marvelled at the dedication etched into each sinew of his alpha's body. It scared him sometimes, the strength Jeongguk had. It scared him when he once accidentally clashed with Yoongi's massive fridge and managed to almost topple it over.

However, regardless of all that strength, his touch was gentle and soft whenever he held Taehyung's face or his tender lips met the omega's. Or when he lifted Taehyung up at times to carry him to the bed or place him on the kitchen counter. His grip was never too tight. Always comforting.

And Taehyung was proud of the work and effort Jeongguk had put into this. He knew Jeongguk enjoyed torturing his body like this, liked the way his body visibly changed and his strength grew; and loved the adrenaline rush he got out of it all.

As the early morning light filtered through their bedroom window, Taehyung observed Jeongguk's silent rituals — the way he rose with a newfound purpose, the set of his jaw as he prepared for his morning run and looked forward to a busy day of pushing himself to his limits.

Taehyung didn't think it would be possible for Jeongguk to build his strength as much or see slight changes in his body. However, he supposed the work he put in for more than half of the day for the past week was more than enough to see visible changes in his physique as well as strength. It brought Taehyung comfort; that Jeongguk would survive this. It eased his anxiety.

Yet beneath the surface, Taehyung also harboured a deep-seated fear, a gnawing uncertainty that threatened to consume him. With each passing day, the weight of impending doom hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over their shared moments of intimacy.

Jeongguk's father was to visit them that night, to stay with them until the duel ended, which was the day after the next. Taehyung decided to prepare a dinner feast. Jin and Yoongi were to arrive towards the evening to help Taehyung. The omega was grateful.

He was preparing Jeongguk a smoothie since he promised to come home for lunch. He said he would bring them lunch and for Taehyung to rest since the omega also planned to cook dinner. Taehyung couldn't rest. Not when Jeongguk is ripping his body apart in some humid training room.

Taehyung was seated on the grey sofa in the living room of Yoongi's apartment, a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. He was lost in his thoughts and the beep of the door opening woke him up from his daydreams. He turned his head to watch his alpha walk in and Jeongguk grinned, showing the plastic bags to Taehyung.