Chapter Forty Two

Important! Please read the disclaimer again. It has some warnings about this book.

 It has some warnings about this book

"The duel..." Jeongguk's father's voice was grim and held uncertainty. "Do you think you can win it?"

The alpha and the omega seated in front of the latter alpha watched him blankly, not knowing what to reply to the question.

"Losing means death, Jeongguk" Jihoo said with a thick voice that held so much emotion. "I don't want to lose you, son"

"I know, dad" Jeongguk muttered. "But I need to do this"

"I told you not to get in trouble with big alpha packs" Jihoo grumbled. "When you first told me who Taehyung's father was..." He shook his head.

"I'm sorry" Taehyung whispered. "This was my fault–"

"It wasn't his fault" Jeongguk argued. "I can't control who I fall in love with, dad. Besides, I don't regret meeting Taehyung and–"

"What I can't believe is how you managed to get in trouble with the Kim Pack itself. The biggest wolf pack in Seoul and the pack with one of the most dangerous pack leaders in the country! Specifically, the pack I told you to not get in trouble with and to be on their good side"

"I was on their good side, okay?"

"Until you started courting their son!"

Taehyung let out a deep exhale.

"This is nothing against you, Taehyung" Jihoo spoke carefully. "But the absolute idiocy of Jeongguk! Fine, you court him. But why did you get on their bad side? If they were against you courting him, there are so many things you could've done instead of getting into a duel! For an omega! So many ways to resolve this!"

"It wasn't something that could've been dealt with some friendly conversation. We were way past that when Taehyung's parents found out about me" Jeongguk said. "The only other way was to let Taehyung go at the cost of losing everything in his life, everything we have built together so far, and our future together. I'm not going down like that"

"How could that be the only option?!"

Jeongguk sighed, looking at Taehyung. The omega squeezed Jeongguk's hand under the table, giving him a small nod.

"Dad," Jeongguk began, his voice steady but tinged with apprehension, "there's something we need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"We're going to have a pup," Jeongguk blurted out, the words tumbling from his lips in a rush.

The room seemed to freeze, the silence deafening as Jeongguk's father processed the revelation. His features darkened, his brows drawing together in a deep furrow of disapproval.

"A pup?" he repeated, his voice low and incredulous. His gaze switched from Taehyung to Jeongguk with disbelief. "You're pregnant?!"

"I'm sorry" Taehyung swallowed hard. Jeongguk too tensed, feeling the weight of his father's disapproval like a heavy stone in the pit of his stomach. "We know it's unexpected," Taehyung began, his voice shaking slightly, "but we're determined to make it work. We'll do whatever it takes to take care of our pup."