Chapter Thirty Nine

Yoongi's apartment looked no different than how Taehyung remembered it the last time he visited, which was over a month back

Yoongi's apartment looked no different than how Taehyung remembered it the last time he visited, which was over a month back. Namjoon guided Taehyung and Jeongguk inside, Hoseok and Jimin following them. Taehyung saw Jin waving at them as they entered and Yoongi sat on the sofa, a few band aids on his face and arms.

Taehyung guided Jeongguk to sit on the sofa, across from Yoongi and the five other friends also sat down in the living room, a heavy silence settling amongst them. It was Jin who first spoke.

"How are you feeling now, Jeongguk?"

"I'm alright. Like nothing happened at all" Jeongguk grinned. He was always so cheerful, such a positive thinker. Always believed everything would work out just fine.

Taehyung sighed.

"No, for real, man" Yoongi said, leaning forward, elbows on his thighs. "How are the injuries?"

"They aren't bad" Jeongguk said. "It's a bit difficult to walk since my ankles hurt. The muscles on my stomach and back hurt when I move those muscles. The doctor said I would be able to work out in a few days too"

"The doctor wanted us to visit the day after tomorrow and for him to get a lot of rest and not move much" Taehyung started explaining the doctor's instructions to the friend Gorup.

Hoseok sighed. "Those are some dangerous people yesterday. The way they beat us up... I can't imagine how they might have beat you up, Jeongguk. You looked like a bloody pulp when we arrived yesterday"

"Yeah, and they were ready to kill Jeongguk and Luna knows what Minseok would've done for us" Jimin whispered.

"I understand that you had no other way to put a stop to all of that yesterday than to propose a duel, Jeongguk" Namjoon spoke. "But-"

"There are no buts" Jeongguk said firmly. "All of us were in danger. They would've killed me, done unimaginable things to Taehyung and forced him to marry Seojoon which would make his life a living hell. They would hurt you all more than we can imagine. There was only one way to stop all of this from happening"

Taehyung gulped and massaged his temples. His head thrummed with the beginning of a headache.

"It was a matter of life and death for all of us," Jeongguk stated.

"So you volunteered to put your life on the line?" Taehyung whispered.

"Taehyung, please" Jeongguk pleaded. "Understand me"

"I do understand you. I understand that you did it to save all of us but-" Taehyung's throat closed up.

Jeongguk sighed, a few moments of silence passing between them. The alpha spoke at last. "Regardless of what happened... whether they came to save us or not, if I couldn't get you out of there safe, I would've proposed a duel"

"What?!" Taehyunng looked at Jeongguk in disbelief.

"I won't let that alpha take you away and ruin your life. You're my omega"