Chapter 14

So the day began. The family gathered in the dining hall and ate their breakfasts, discussing small matters as well as the schedule for that day. Once all was over they stood and bowed, confusing Emil slightly at why they did, and parted. The foreigner stayed a bit longer so he could help clean dishes but was guided away. "The servants will clean those. I won't be doing any work like that unless you do wrong so you might want to learn the rules of the kingdom," Leon had explained this and the boy understood quickly that this was no longer his home and he would not have to do chores. He received a pat on the head and continued following the other until the reached the bed chambers, the bed made and sheets changed to a nice crimson color.

"Wow," Emil breathed out and went over, running his fingers over the silk coverings. "They're so beautiful and so soft. I mean we had silk but this is amazing,"

Leon had a smile on his face as he walked over to the boy. "They are wonderful. My favorite color too so I only have them put on at special occasions like me meeting you," he kissed his head gently. "Well as you know I must get to my studies so I will bid you goodbye. If you need anything just ask a servant, I'm sure they wouldn't let you down," he small a small bow before parting for his study.

Emil sat on the lonely bed, sighing softly. He closed his eyes but felt the sun was too bright to nap in. He stood up and headed for the washroom, deciding that he'd instead clean himself up. When he reached the room he undid his robes and let them drop to the floor at his feet. He stepped into the steaming water and slowly sank as he smiled.

A knock on the door interrupted his peaceful bathing, the door opening to reveal Yao. Emil hurried to covered himself up. "Oh I'm very sorry Emil, I'll leave at once," he quickly fled and left the boy in a blushing mess as he could hear Yao shouting something that he could not understand.