Chapter 18

The days dragged on. Leon stayed by Emil's side when a servant was not around and the foreign boy continued his studies of the land and language until he was practically a citizen. The boy rarely wrote to his brother anymore due to his studies and meetings for an upcoming wedding. Soon the Prince would be old enough to marry and Emil would be made the bride.

Stress had filled his mind, an odd itch bothering him every time the mention of marriage came up. The places he scratched would become red and sore with few cuts that ruined his perfect pale skin. Leon took noticed and tried to comfort his love when saw him scratch.

"Emil, you must stop," he whispered gently in the privacy of their bedchamber. "You're marking your skin, it looks as though you have been beat."

In reply, he hung his head in shame and whispered back a soft apology to which Leon sighed and ran his fingers through sliver strands of hair.

"You have nothing to fear. As you have studied, the bride will not do much in the marriage. We will exchange rings, kiss, then attend to the party. Afterwards is up to us to decide."

Emil knew what this meant, making love after being officially united. The thought of an act such as that made him blush. "Yes, I am aware. I do not attend those meetings just to goof off as if marriage is a silly act," he huffed softly. "That is night everything of me will be yours and I cannot take it back," even as he spoke the foreign language his deep accent stuck, another thing that made him different in this country.

"You do not have to give me that if you are not ready. I do expect it at some point, although we cannot reproduce, but I would still like your duties to be followed through. It'll be an attempt at reproducing,"

He nodded at these words and slowly looked up and into dark brown eyes. "I will give you myself that night. Everything you want from my body will be yours for you will be my husband and it is my roll,"

Leon hated how his love stated it. He despised that Emil sounded brainwashed into following that rules perfectly. He wanted him to want for himself and not worry about being the perfect mate. The boy had even reserved from touching himself, even as his body raged with hormones.

"I will be the perfect wife and follow as I am meant to," the boy finished as he lowered his gaze once more to the band around his finger, symbolizing that they will be united forever and into eternity.