The Prankster

"Lance McClain, I'm gonna fucking KILL you!" How many times had he said that in that past-what-five years? Keith chased the long-legged sun-kissed supremely adorable idiot down their high school halls at a immensely powerful speed. Lance ran faster since he was on the track team and laughed his ass off. Keith grit his teeth and forced himself to speed up. Was it just him or was Lance slowing down?

The students yelped and rushed themselves out of the way so they could leave the two rivals alone. Keith really wanted to take off his black cropped leather jacket since it seemed to weigh him down. "Try catching me first, Mullet!" That was the last straw. Keith reached forward and grabbed Lance's hand, who yelped when he did, and pinned him to the nearest wall. He jabbed his phone in Lance's face,"The hell is this?" Both wallpapers on Keith's phone was decorated with pictures of Lance everywhere. It was so fucking embarrassing when Keith opened up his phone in front of Professor Kolivan to ask him a question about the email he sent out. He could still see Kolivan's red face when he turned on the phone and Lance's gorgeous really irritating face popped up. 

"What? When we were studying I noticed you didn't have many pictures of me on your phone when you showed me some stuff you did screenshots of. I changed that." He said it with a wink and a flirtatious smirk that was for Keith, only Keith. Keith tried to calm him fluttering heart. Everything Lance did was to tease him. Nuzzling into his shoulder, pretending to be asleep. Always trying to get closer to him with small touches. Lance knew about his crush. He was sure about it. And he loved to tease him about. "You're so fucking irritating." Lance leaned in close, breath ghosting over his lips and it took all of Keith's willpower to not kiss him. "But you love me." Keith denied it, like always. If Lance knew, he wouldn't hear the end of it,"No way." Lance smiled...but there was something about. The way his lips curled beautifully, so pink and imaginably soft. He always used strawberry chapstick and always put it on when Keith was around, glancing at him then winking. His sapphire eyes were all kinds of blue, the ocean aquamarine, then a baby blue, sky blue, colbat, lapis, cerulean, a deep azure. All of them melted into one, creating a new kind of dazzling gem. They watched him kindly, smirking and challenging but playful and loving. Only Lance would have eyes like that. His tan cheeks melted with warmth and were dusted pink. "I wonder then, why you have so many photos of me."

Keith furrowed his eyebrows, trying desperately and most likely failing to hide his deep crimson blush. "I don't. YOU put them there. I never wanted them." Lance's gaze flicked to his lips but Keith blew it away, knowing he was just playing. "Why pin me to the wall then, for the past..." He hummed," ..five minutes?" Keith dropped his hands immediately and Lance chuckled, eyes fluttering close in amusement. "See you in the library for our study date, Mullet." He jabbed a finger to his chest as he said it and pushed him, walking off with a skip in his step. "It's not a-he's gone." 

~

Lance and Keith met up in the library, Keith offering to tutor Lance a few months back out the the sweet generosity of his heart and as forgiveness for allllllll the things Lance had pranked him with. Not that Lance stopped, but oh well. It was lunch, of course, but Keith didn't like to eat while studying, it distracted him and Lance ate his food on the way to the library. Also, the library didn't allow food.

"So, what is it this time. Still calculus?" Lance nodded,"Last test was a 76%. Mama was furious, but Papa said it was better than before and enjoyed the improvement." Little did Keith know, Lance stuffed the 98% calculus test at the bottom of his bag so he wouldn't see. Keith grabbed his book and placed it on the desk, opening it to the last chapter they went over. "Alright, so..."

Did Keith know how fucking hot he was when he was focused? His eyebrows would pinch together and his red lips would purse and his violet eyes like no other gazed the paper with an intensity, clearly thinking with that intelligent brain of his. He explained well, making Lance understand the lesson more, but not really since he was focused on daydreaming about kissing those lips, running his fingers through his hair and ruining that messy ponytail and running his thumb on that sharp jawline-the list was infinite. 

Then the bell just HAD to ring.

Keith looked at the clock and saw it was indeed time to interrupt Lance's daydreaming about Keith kissing his forehead(also known as their next class). Keith stood up and slung his backpack over his shoulder,"Alright, same time tomorrow?" Lance got up,"I suppose. Thanks."

Keith glanced back and smiled,"Anytime. You know, you really have improved. I'm glad this is helping you." Lance grinned,"Only with your help could I succeed. You keep me going." Keith laughed despite his heart jumping out of his chest. What was breathing, again?! "Ha ha, Lance. But I'm serious. I mean, at first you were really irritating, but I think this improved our..........relationship. As in you got a little less infuriating." Lance sighed dreamily as Keith turned his back and his cheeks warmed happily,"I think so too. You used to hate me-" He leaned on forward and rested his cheek on Keith's shoulder,"But now you totally adore me."

"You're close to the truth." Lance immediately jerked back, stunned into silence. His mouth hung open and his heart was beating millions miles per hour. Keith didn't look back and just stared at the ground, most likely contemplating what he said. "You're not all bad, Lance. You're actually really easy to....like. A lot. You're just great, Lance. Really great."  Oh that was it for Lance.

He turned around,"Just forget it, i-it's embarrassing-" he yelped. Lance surged forward and cupped his cheeks, kissing him unevenly and perfectly at the same time. Their nose scrunched up and it was a short chaste kiss. Lance pulled away, letting go of Keith immediately and looking away embarrassed,"Great. Now you know." Keith stared at him. He waited for the laughter and the 'sike' thingy. It didn't come.

Lance kissed him. Lance the one who liked him? Lance the sweet idiot? Lance the-

Wait.

Wait one fucking second.

"I swear to God, this is another one of your pranks isn't it." Lance looked up, stunned and confused,"Wha-" Keith's eye twitched,"I knew it! You're always playing with me! First, it was the glue in the locker. Well, Lance. I can see through you! Like that one time you said 'te amo' to me, calling me EMO TEA in Spanish." Lance's expression turned beet red, fists clenching,"WHAT?! You're STILL oblivio-"

"YOU'RE INFURIATING, YOU KNOW? Not all the time but when you play stupid pranks on me. Listen, I'm not gonna sit back and let you do it anymore! I know you know how I feel so you tease me for it!" Keith let the backpack on his shoulder slide of as he crossed his arms. He kept talking despite Lance's protests and calling him incredibly stupid and dumb and oblivious with a blushing red face. "You just said 'te amo' out of the blue! Clearly, you were joking about my 'weird' obsession with black. I JUST LIKE BLACK." He continued ranting about Lance's pranks and Lance watched with his mouth dropped to the floor, face a burning red, fist clenched and completely utterly dumbfounded.

He snapped back into reality and rolled his eyes. He reached up and cupped Keith's face in his hands again, tilted his head and leaned in for another kiss. His eyes scrunched closed, too angry and frustrated to think straight and decided to just kiss Keith. Keith was taken aback and this kiss was longer but still chaste. His cheeks were a boiling blotchy red from ranting and blushing. After a lone while, Keith managed to force himself to pull away,"L-Lance, what are you." Lance just grunted and leaned in again, pressing his lips to his and wrapped his arms around his neck to secure him. Keith really didn't mind and now he was just confused.

Everytime Keith pulled away for air or to question Lance, Lance would just murmur and grumble for more kisses. And everytime, they would slowly get more and more heated, Lance running his hands through Keith's hair and unwinding the ponytail. Keith just gave up fighting back and kissed him with equal passion, hands resting on Lance's hip and holding the back of his head.

When Lance pulled away, Keith chased after his lips and Lance exhaled,"How many times do I have to kiss you for you to realize?" Keith murmured against his lips,"I don't know, probably a few more times." Lance chuckled,"We'll be late for class. But then again, Shiro can wait but it won't be as much as how long I have been waiting for this." 

Keith took Lance with him into the nearest broom closet as Lance mumbled a bunch of 'emo teas'.