~2~ Initiative to Find a Partner

Early the following morning, Seorin was brushing her hair when her chamber door opened

Immediately a strong sweet perfume filled her chamber. She didn't need to turn around to know it was her little sister Park Sang-Hee.

Sang-Hee was eighteen years old, two years younger than her. Seorin always thought her little sister was a rare beauty.

Sang-Hee's skin was white and delicately fragile, tiny waist, long slender legs, and looked beautiful wearing any dress. Also, Sang-Hee was someone who knew how to wear makeup which enhanced Sang-Hee's naturally beautiful face.

The first time Seorin met Sang-Hee, she thought Park Sang-Hee was the epitome of beauty in the kingdom and she had predicted Sang-Hee's fate correctly.

Seorin predicted Sang-Hee's beauty couldn't be appreciated intimately by the emperor who was at an advanced age but Sang-Hee's beauty was mainly reserved for the crown prince.

The crown prince marrying the prime minister's golden daughter secured the crown prince's future and their marriage benefited both their families. The only obstacle in their marriage was the golden daughter's older sister, herself. She smiled grudgingly while the golden daughter walked toward her.

"Unnie, can you dress quicker?" Sang-Hee asked impatiently. "I waited for unnie for half a day!"

Seorin turned her head around and saw Sang-Hee frowning, chin raised, and wearing an expensive and elegant hanbok.

"Sang Hee~ah, it's been hard on you," Seorin said.

Sang-Hee pouted and looked condescending at Seorin. God knows how much she wished her unnie didn't exist to delay her becoming the crown prince's consort.

Sang-Hee wore bright red silk hanbok. She didn't hesitate to pick up the hideous and cheap blue cotton hanbok.

"Unnie, are you wearing this ugly to death hanbok?" Sang-Hee asked. "Aren't you scared you'll be embarrassed?" She grabbed the hanbok her maid held and passed it to Seorin. "Unnie, wear this, it's new. I haven't worn it before."

Seorin accepted the dress and forced a smile. "Thank you, Sang Hee~ah."

Sang-Hee sneered and left Seorin's chamber. If Park Sang Hee didn't want at least one man to be attracted to her at the banquet then Sang-Hee would never give such an expensive and beautiful hanbok to her.