~13~ Heavenly Dress

Kim Taehyung and Seorin left Lee Jonghyeok's manor in the horse carriage

Seorin noticed Kim Taehyung looked a little deflated. "Tae Tae, what did you talk to him about?"

Kim Taehyung stretched his back. "About imperial court duties."

Seorin didn't force Taehyung to tell her the truth. Besides, she could guess there was nothing else for them to talk about apart from Chae Young and stealing the throne.

The night sky was dark like black ink when they returned to Kim Taehyung's manor.

Seorin was tired from a tense day. A maid prepared a warm bath for her and she immediately walked to the chamber.

Taehyung walked in the direction of Yoongi's chamber.

Yoongi was about to take off his clothes to sleep but he heard someone barged into his chamber. He turned around and his outer robe was grabbed by Taehyung's hand.

"Hyung, You delivered the note!" Taehyung said coldly.

Yoongi heard Lee Jonghyeok's messenger request Taehyung and Seorin to attend a banquet and he knew he couldn't deny the truth and anticipated Taehyung's temper.

Yoongi pushed Kim Taehyung's hand away from his outer robe and straightened his outer robe. "What's the point of asking if you know?"

Kim Taehyung saw Yoongi's calm state even after behaving recklessly, it made him angry enough to laugh. He sat on a chair and silently looked at Yoongi.

"It's your fault for being slow," Yoongi said. "I could only borrow someone else's hand."

Out of Lee Jonghyeok's children, Lee Jonghyeok loved Consort Lee most. If Lee Jonghyeok knew the empress killed Consort Lee, it was certain Lee Jonghyeok would avenge his daughter's death."

"You're a good schemer," Kim Taehyung praised. "It's a pity you need to walk a wide circle. When you want to borrow a dagger to kill a person, someone else would also want to borrow a dagger to kill a person. Hyung, you gave Lee Jonghyeok an opportunity to force me to cooperate with him to deal with the empress."