~10~ Plan for Revenge II

Chae Young locked herself in her chamber for a day

Chae Young felt it was cruel of Taehyung to punish her to stay in her chamber for a month. She needed to get him to change his decision.

The night sky darkened, Chae Young, picked up a lantern and stepped to her vanity table.

Chae Young pulled the drawer of the vanity table and took out a small chest. Inside it was one white bottle and one blue bottle. She picked up the blue bottle and she was tempted to use it. But she put the blue bottle down, picked up the white bottle, and again hid the chest inside the drawer.

Taehyung was reading letters he received from his elders and army comrades in Southern Busan in the calligraphy room. He laughed while reading the list of reasons they wanted him to return there. They complained the general made everyone eat vegetarian food and didn't allow them to watch performances. Suddenly he heard a loud sob outside the door.

"Let me in, "Chae Young said. "I want to see the fifth prince."

Taehyung frowned. He hid the letters and stepped toward the door. But before he reached the door, she barged into the room.

The night cooled but Chae Young wore a thin white dress and thick makeup. Taehyung was angry on the inside, Chae Young was supposed to reflect on her bad behavior in her chamber. Why did she leave her chamber and come running to the calligraphy room? What a troublesome person!

Chae Young put a tray of food on a table, knelt in front of Taehyung, held onto his leg and she sobbed loudly. 'Fifth prince, I know I was wrong. Fifth prince, please forgive me. I don't dare to commit another wrong. I promise in the future I'll serve you and your wife well.'

Taehyung's heart remembered Seorin, it tempted him to follow Seorin's lead and kick. But he was supposed to be the gentle fifth prince. He pulled his leg free and stood away from Chae Young.

"Stand up and speak," Taehyung said.

"No, if the fifth prince won't forgive me then I won't stand," Chae Young said and looked pitifully at Taehyung.

Chae Young refused to stand up and Taehyung spoke in a colder tone. "Chae Young, don't forget your status!"

"Status?" Chae Young asked. "Fifth prince, what is my status? When court official Lee gave me to you, did you forget what he said to you? In the past, I wanted to serve you but you always refused. You said I was too young then you said you were heartbroken over your dead fiancée. Later you said you were busy with duties to let me serve you. But now I'm eighteen years old and you have a wife. Other people think that I'm your woman, but that's not the truth. Fifth prince, what is my status?"