~ 30 ~ Scheming

Inside the horse carriage, Taehyung looked up at the moon and smiled

Inside the horse carriage, Taehyung looked up at the moon and smiled. He didn't expect Lee Jonghyeok had a secret army. But he knew apart from him, Lee Jonghyeok didn't have anyone else to cooperate with Lee Jonghyeok. So there was no reason for him to allow Lee Jonghyeok to use him.

The emperor decreed to keep the crown prince position vacant.

At Consort Jung's chamber, she threw a cup of tea at a palace maid's face.

"You dare to let me drink hot tea?" she asked.

The palace maid knelt on her knees in front of her.

Hoseok stopped Consort Jung from kicking the palace maid.

"Eomma!" he said and signaled the palace maid to leave.

"You're becoming more impatient by the day," Hoseok said. "If you had kicked her, she would either die or be crippled. Do you want a rumor to spread about your cruelty? Now is a critical period. How can you lose control of your anger? Eomma, I know you're feeling the situation is unfair but you need to be patient and endure."

"Endure?" Consort Jung asked. "My son, I'm enduring for more than twenty years, but now in the eyes of the citizens, your Fifth brother has a perfect reputation. If I endure any longer then it'll be me and you who'll be kneeling in front of your Fifth brother!"

"If you don't control yourself then it's certain you'll be kneeling in front of Fifth brother!" Hoseok said.

"But Eomma, please think what are we going to do?" Hoseok asked.

"Think about it," Consort Jung said. "Between your Fifth brother and Second brother, who did you think is more suitable?"

"Second brother?!" Hoseok asked.

"In the past, your Second brother had your imperial father, his imperial mother's family support, and the citizens' admiration," Consort Jung said. "Where is your Second brother now?"

"He lost everything and died," Hoseok said.

"That's right," Consort Jung said. "He had everything and lost it. So we don't need to fear someone like your Fifth brother."

The True Successor of ThroneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara