~12~ Confrontation

The horse carriage traveled toward the Park Manor

Inside the horse carriage, Taehyung tried to kiss Seorin. Instead of tasting her, he tasted powdered makeup. "Rinnie, why do you need to wear makeup to visit your family?"

Seorin glared at Taehyung. Of course, she needed to wear makeup to protect herself. She decided to wear makeup on at night too that way he wouldn't dare kiss her suddenly.

The Park Manor wasn't far away from Taehyung's manor, about half an hour by horse carriage.

Taehyung and Seorin were greeted by loud fireworks at the Park Manor entrance.

Park Jin Young saw how Taehyung treated his oldest daughter lovingly and he smiled faster than he could say what a good son-in-law.

Princess Ji Hoon hated seeing how Taehyung loved Seorin, but she smiled politely.

Earlier in the morning, Sang-Hee ordered a maid to put makeup on her and fussed for a long time to choose earrings compatible with her dress. But Taehyung only nodded to greet her politely. Like in the past his attention was never focused on her. Even the cold and arrogant third prince wanted to gain her favor, but Taehyung would always ignore her.

Sang-Hee almost vomited blood after seeing Taehyung doted on Seorin as though Seorin was a treasure.

Sang-Hee wanted to protest. What did Seorin possess that she didn't? She looked resentfully at Taehyung and Seorin until she felt a sudden pain in her arm. It was her mother who whispered a warning to her, "maintain your image properly."

Sang-Hee hugged her pinched arm, pouted, and followed her mother into the Park Manor.

Everyone sat in the courtyard and gossiped while the celebratory banquet food and wine were prepared.

Park Jin Young led the conversation and it gave Seorin a headache, her father gossiped about court officials. Although it was an inappropriate conversation, her father, Princess Ji Hoon, and Sang-Hee didn't care about her family life with Taehyung. After Taehyung answered her father politely, everyone quietly drank tea for a while.