~25~ Secrets From Past

***New Character Will Be Introduced in This Chapter***

After a nap, Seorin thought about the emperor's motives.

"Taehyung, I'm not certain the emperor poisoned me," Seorin said.

"Why?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't know what the emperor's motives to poison me are," Seorin said.

Taehyung's head and heart were muddled earlier. Seorin's logic reminded him that he forgot to think about his father's motives for poisoning Seorin.

Taehyung and Seorin's eyes shone at each other.

"Seorin, do you think it's that person too?" Taehyung asked.

Seorin nodded her head. "Perhaps that person used Princess Ji Hoon in hope of using her to kill me. Besides, Princess Ji Hoon didn't need to wait, she could have poisoned me the moment I arrived in Hanyang."

"In the past Yoongi hyung and I had the same thought like you," Taehyung said. "Then we thought perhaps she wanted you to die outside the Park Manor to deflect suspicions... but looking at the past now, perhaps that assumption is wrong."

Seorin's chest hurt while remembering how viciously Princess Ji Hoon stabbed her and she wondered if Princess Ji Hoon was still alive.

"That's right," Seorin said. "If Princess Ji Hoon wanted to kill me, she would have killed me at the Park Manor."

"Earlier like you," Taehyung said. "I thought it was imperial father. But now I think it's that person, she has a motive to kill you."

An image of the kind Consort Jung appeared in Seorin's head and she sighed. "Glancing at her, she seems like a kind person."

"Seorin, do you remember what I told you about Consort Lee?" Taehyung asked.

Seorin remembered Taehyung confided in her about how Consort Lee was poisoned by Blue Lotus Poison and she nodded her head.

"At that time I suspected there was something wrong about the fragrance of the incense sticks," Taehyung said. "So I hid them but later they disappeared. Thinking about it now, I think she found out I hid them and sent someone to retrieve the incense sticks. I think Consort Jung knows that I know the incense sticks were poisoned."