~ Epilogue ~ The New Emperor

Thirteen years later Jeongguk ruled Hanyang

Jeongguk sat on the throne and looked sadly at Taehyung who was kneeling in front of him.

"Your majesty, let me deal with the rebellion in Southern Busan," Taehyung said.

Jeongguk's eyes stung, he didn't want Taehyung and Taehyung's family to leave the imperial city. He understood Taehyung trusted him to rule on his own and that two powerful tigers couldn't stay on the same mountain.

"Yes," Jeongguk said reluctantly.

Later Jeongguk and the court officials farewell Taehyung and Taehyung's family. Some court officials were sad to see Taehyung leave and some were happy to get rid of the biggest threat to Jeongguk's rule.

Inside the horse carriage, Joon-Seok woke up from his nap. He rubbed his eyes and he was happy to see his imperial uncle.

"Samchon, I waited a long time to see you," Joon-Seok said. "Why aren't you coming inside the carriage?"

Jeongguk rubbed his precious nephew's head. "I can't go with you now. Joon-Seok, you go first. I'll visit you soon."

"Why can't we go together?" Joon-Seok asked in a sad tone.

"Because I need to stay back to be the emperor," Jeongguk said.

"Then why don't Samchon not remain the emperor anymore and come with me?" Joon-Seok asked.

The court officials' faces paled.

"Ayy! That's a good suggestion," Jeongguk said with a thoughtful smile.

The court officials' faces whitened.

"But these uncles won't agree," Jeongguk said by showing the court officials.

Joon-Seok looked hatefully at the court officials.

"Samchon, is it amusing being the emperor?" Joon-Seok asked.

"Not amusing at all," Jeongguk said truthfully.

"Samchon, let's share our sufferings and blessings then," Joon-Seok said sternly. "I'll play in Southern Busan for a while. Then I'll come back to the imperial city to be the emperor and then Samchon can go to Southern Busan to play."

Jeongguk's doe eyes brightened. "Um, it's a promise!"

The court officials wanted to vomit blood. They got rid of the previous emperor's unfavoured son but they couldn't stop his son from returning and being the emperor.

Joon-Seok waved his small hands until he couldn't see his imperial uncle anymore and he couldn't stop crying.

"Eomma, I can't see Samchon anymore," Joon-Seok said sadly.

Tae-Seol knocked her older brother's head. "Oppa, don't you know how to be embarrassed? You're too old to cry."

Joon-Seok cried louder because his little sister bullied him again.

"Noona, you shouldn't bully hyung," Taegguk said. "Hyung, you shouldn't wipe your tears and snot on noona's dress."

Tae-Seol looked down at his older brother.

Joon-Seok looked out the window and missed his imperial uncle more because his little sister and little brother joined forces to bully him. His father loved Tae-Seol and his mother loved Taegguk. Only his imperial uncle loved him. He cried more pitifully as the horse carriage traveled further away from the imperial city.

Taehyung looked at his three lively children and he smiled.

"Seorin, should we conceive another child?" Taehyung asked.

"No!" Seorin said sternly.

Seorin thought her youngest son was good and obedient. Her oldest son and daughter were like fire and water, they gave her a headache. But Jeongguk was the most behaved and helpful when Jeongguk was her children's age. She worried about leaving Jeongguk on his own in the imperial city.

"Taehyung, do you think Gukkie can cope on his own in the imperial city?" Seorin asked.

"Seorin, you should believe in Gukkie's capabilities," Taehyung said.

Seorin nodded her head. Jeongguk was the most suited to be the emperor even more suitable than Taehyung. Jeongguk was fair, merciful, decisive, and calm under pressure.

Taehyung believed Jeongguk would be a good emperor. The last ten years were tiring for him and he was happy he finally could live a peaceful life with his family away from the palace.

"Taehyung, have you ever regretted giving up the throne?" Seorin asked.

"Seorin, have you ever resented me for not giving you the opportunity for the world to admire you?" Taehyung asked.

"What do you think?" Seorin asked.

"Rinnie, it appears you don't like being admired and you hate palace protocols," Taehyung said. "So your husband is willing to give up the world to make you happy. Besides, your husband never cared about power and money."

"Tae Tae, will you die if you don't pretend to be a gentle and kind person?" Seorin asked.

Taehyung smiled and kissed Seorin.

Joon-Seok turned his head away from the window and saw his parents were kissing each other again. He shook his head. "Appa, Eomma, do you know how old you both are? Appa, Eomma, don't you both have small children in front of you?"

Tae-Seol knocked her older brother's head. "Oppa, move your head out of the way."

Joon-Seok rubbed his sore head and cried. "Seol-ah, you hit me again."

Taegguk ignored his noisy older brother and older sister. He silently chewed on rice cakes.

In the palace, Jeongguk stood on the tallest tower of the palace where no one could see him cry profusely while he watched the horse carriage slowly disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N ~~

My Precious Readers,

This is the end of this story and I hope you all like this whole story. Thanks a lot for pouring so much love into this story, I would be really grateful if you all liked it, and thank you so much to all on my behalf for showing so much love to this story in advance. So, here I have to bid you all goodbye for now, my precious readers, please always be healthy and happy. 💜✨Love you all a lot ✨💜

 💜✨Love you all a lot ✨💜