~4~ The Moonlit Night

Seorin couldn't see the intruder clearly in the dark chamber

She panicked. A thief?! A bandit?! Too many scary thoughts appeared in her head. She quickly grabbed the extinguished candle stand from beside her bed and threw it at the intruder.

The candle stand hit the intruder's head, followed by a thud. The intruder fell to the ground.

When Seorin arrived at the Park Manor, she knew she couldn't live harmoniously with Princess Ji Hoon and Sang-Hee. She purposely chose the chamber furthest from the mother and daughter pair. But the chamber was upstairs. She rushed to the window to see if the intruder died.

Outside the chamber that was visible because of moonlight, the intruder stood below but didn't leave. The intruder whispered something incoherent.

"Miss, are you alright?" a maid asked from outside the chamber door.

Seorin finally heard what the intruder whispered, "little tigress, it's me."

Seorin didn't know what to do. Oh God! this prankish boy indeed couldn't let her live peacefully with his pranks.

Her first thought was to scream 'thief.' Afterward the guards in the Park Manor would capture the prankish boy and see his true mask. What gentleness?! What kindness?! this mischievous boy was actually a bandit that climbed through a maiden's window in the middle of the night.

"I'm alright," Seorin said reluctantly to the maid. "I was getting a cup of water, you can go back to sleep."

Her second thought was that it would be pointless for the mischievous boy to be caught. He would explain the situation to appear like the perfect gentleman, "tomorrow is my wedding day, my heart was restless and I wanted to see my betrothed. I know sneaking into her chamber is wrong, but I couldn't control how much I missed her. Prime Minister Park, please forgive me this one time.'

If her prediction became true then this boy's mask wouldn't be taken off, but help in enhancing his reputation and make him appear like a man deeply in love with his betrothed. The more she thought about his cunningness the more she wanted to attack him.