~ 33 ~ The Royal Prince

Seorin recovered from giving birth in the palace

The emperor sent his trusted eunuchs and palace maids to deliver nutritious food and drinks to nourish Seorin while she was recovering and breastfeeding his first grandson.

A month passed, Seorin walked comfortably and her son was chubby and loved to cry.

"Oh my god!" Seorin murmured. "Why does he love to cry? Wasn't he napping?"

Seorin's son loved to cry in the morning, afternoon, evening, and before napping. Sometimes he even cried to amuse himself. Other children would cry a little then sleep. But the little tiger cries until someone carried him.

A month ago Seorin was fearful each time her son cried because she was scared an intruder came to harm him. But after a month she found out her son loved to cry so she was used to his crying.

Seorin didn't want to spoil her son by carrying him every time he cried.

But Jeongguk's heart couldn't bear to hear his nephew cry.

The emperor forbids anyone from disturbing Seorin, Jeongguk, and his grandson to protect them.

So Jeongguk loved to guard his nephew day and night and take care of his nephew.

Jeongguk ran to Seorin's bed. "Cry, cry."

"Gukkie, ignore him," Seorin said. "He only knows how to cry day and night."

Jeongguk thought Seorin was serious and pitied his nephew.

Jeongguk ran back to his nephew's cot. He remembered how his mother used to coax him to sleep and gently rubbed his nephew's soft head. "Nephew is good, don't cry. Look I'm here"

Jeongguk's nephew stopped crying after sensing him. "If nephew is good, I'll let you eat sweets after you grow big. Now you don't have any teeth to chew sweets."

Perhaps Jeongguk's warm hand, gentle words, and promise to give his nephew sweets in the future helped his nephew sleep.

Suddenly Jeongguk felt someone enter the nursery, he turned around and quickly bowed to his father. "Appa."