~ 31 ~ The Seventh Prince

At the Mountain Top villa Taehyung, Seorin, and everyone else were amusing themselves

Some sat in front of the door and relaxed and others were hunting, playing, eating, or sleeping. Seorin was expected to give birth within one and half months.

They only needed to think about what amusements they should plan each day. Their only regret was that they couldn't stay at Mountain Top villa forever.

On the twelfth day of the fourth month, the sad news was delivered to the Mountain Top villa, Consort Jeon died.

"Taehyung, why did Consort Jeon die this sudden..." Seorin asked in a sad tone.

Taehyung hugged Seorin and asked everyone to pack their belongings.

That day Taehyung, Seorin, and everyone else traveled back to the imperial city.

Inside the horse carriage, Seorin rubbed her big stomach. "Taehyung, Consort Jeon was only ten years older than me..."

"Each person has their own fate," Taehyung said.

"What about Jeongguk?" Seorin asked. "He's only a little boy... who will protect him?"

Taehyung thought Jeongguk's situation was like his own childhood, he didn't have anyone to protect him either.

"Taehyung..." Seorin said.

"Um?" Taehyung asked.

"Can we bring Jeongguk to our home and protect him?" Seorin asked.

"I want to bring Jeongguk home too but right now our home won't be safe for Jeongguk," Taehyung said.

Seorin understood as long as the emperor was alive, Jeongguk's life in the palace would be pitiful but Jeongguk would stay alive.

"Jeongguk is a pitiful little boy... he's only five years old," Seorin said.

"Seorin, it's good for Jeongguk to experience pain while he's young... it'll help him grow stronger and adapt to life in the palace, like me," Taehyung said in a shaky voice. "If we want to protect Jeongguk then we need to grow stronger until no one can threaten us."