Champions of the World,Letters, Diagon

The entire British Wizard World was in shock as the weeks went by, England against all odds, finished first in their group, knocked out Italy in the first knockout round, the three time World champions, were stunned by a 790-350 score line. England then proceeded to defeat Spain in the Quarterfinals, who were the champions of the last World Cup and Ireland in the semi-finals in a heated derby. Critics and Quidditch pundits quickly changed their views on the current England side, labeling them as the best side since the team who won the Cup back in the 40's, however the team refused to celebrate just yet, there was simply no room for complacence.

Reporters were frustrated that the players refused to be interviewed, the training sessions were completely closed to the public.

Ray was adamant in making training a living hell for his players, pushing them beyond their limits, this was the crucial time of the tournament, the final, success or failure was all down to this match, especially as it was against the French. The French National Quidditch Team had the best chasers second only to England, Harry, Elan and Roger were intrigued as they watched the matches of the French chasers from memories projected from a pensieve an hour from the match held in Paris.

"They're good, but not as good as I predicted." Elan muttered. Roger and Harry nodded, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

"They might not seem so now but wait until you get in the skies." Ray said with a serious face.

"Yes boss." The three chasers chorused and the team crowded around a Quaffle portkey, which would transport them to the stadium in Paris.

"Activate." Immediately, they were sucked into a vortex and were regurgitated into a tent obviously expanded by magic to house the players.

"Alright, here we go." Ray said as he straightened his tie and walked out of the tent, Harry smirked while he followed suit, already in his white Quidditch robes. The team was immediately greeted by the cool night filled with loud screams and roars from fans who were struggling against men who were dressed in black suits, and sunglasses with communication ear pieces in their ears. The team waved to the fans while strolling towards the stadium, the bodyguards situating themselves in a row on both sides of the team, barring the fans off.

After entering the stadium, the team brought out their shrunken brooms and casted an engorgement charm on them, returning them back to their normal state.

"Alright lads, this is it, we're one step away, one step away from being world champions, from showing the world that England's era has begun. Go out and enjoy." Ray said animatedly.

The team nodded and positioned themselves at the tunnel entrance for their queue.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the final of the Under 17 Quidditch World Cup, today we are blessed with a great match between two fantastic teams, both who had won all their games so far in this tournament- first the home side, France- Keeper: Bernard, Beaters: Petit and Martin, Chasers: Moreau, Durand and Dubois and Seeker: Richard." The French commentator bellowed. Loud cheers erupted in the French section as their team flew out of a tunnel near the top of the stadium wearing deep ocean blue robes. They did a lap around the stadium before steadying themselves at their half of the pitch.

"I agree with my French counterpart that this will be one cracking match, now ladies and gentlemen, I give you, our finest English team since 1944, Keeper: Jones, Beaters: Jason and Jeremy Bale, Seeker: Diggory, Chasers: Davies! Malfoy! annnddddddd POTTER! At the mentioning of their star chasers, the stadium was drowned with loud cheers and screams, mostly from the female fans. The screams and cheers furthermore intensified as the English team flew out of the tunnel and did their pre-match lap around the stadium.