Plot Uncovered

Harry was furious beyond doubt as he descended the steps, which led to the trophy room. The paintings of witches and wizards were whispering excitingly as he passed by. Viktor Krum and Fleur Delacour were grouped around the fire. Both looked strangely impressive, silhouetted against the flames. Krum, hunched up and brooding, was leaning against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Fleur was looking around when Harry walked in and her eyes widened as she saw him.

" 'Arry?" She asked with confusion, her mouth was agape when she saw the man she loved nod solemnly at her unspoken question.

"Congratulations…I was hoping we face each other again but I did not expect so soon." Krum shook his club teammate's hand. Harry was too angered to reply and instead nodded curtly and pulling out his wand began scanning the trophy room for an ideal position.

There was a sound of scurrying feet behind him, and Ludo Bagman entered the room looking very delighted. "Excellent…we have our three champions."

The door behind them opened again, and a large group of people came in: Dumbledore, followed by Barty Crouch Sr., Karkaroff, Madame Maxine, McGonagall and Snape.

"Any moment now…" Harry thought, his wand in his grip. As soon as 'Moody' came clunking in with his wooden leg, he was caught off guard and was hit with a jet of red light, so powerful it sent him flying towards the stone wall. All the people in the room were aghast as the Defense professor was unconscious before he'd even hit the ground.

Before anyone could say a word, Harry flick his wand up and thick strong ropes tightly bounded 'Moody.' Turning towards Dumbledore, who had an alarmed expression on his ancient face, Harry smirked.

"It seems that I have misjudged you Professor again… I thought of all people, you'd know immediately." The champion chaser said quietly.

Meeting Snape's black eyes, which revealed nothing, Harry simply mused, "Professor Snape I don't suppose…" And smiled when Snape took out a small crystal bottle which he threw to Harry, who caught it with ease.

Fleur's eyes widened as she saw the clear, colorless liquid in the small bottle in Harry's hand. Walking towards the bounded 'Moody', Harry knelt down, uncorked the bottle and roughly wrenching the imposter's mouth open, poured three drops of the clear liquid before corking it and throwing it back to Snape, who caught it and stowed it away in his robe pocket.

"Now lets see who you are…" Harry murmured, pressing the tip of his wand towards the imposter and with a flash of light, the imposter of Moody awoke.

Grabbing the scruff of the imposter's shirt Harry questioned roughly, "What is your name?"

"Barty Crouch Junior." The imposter replied with a scrunched up face as the Polyjuice Potion began to wear off, as useful the potion was for taking the identity of another person, it was damn painful and disgusting to drink.

"You were declared dead, how is it that you're alive? Who helped you?" Harry asked, masking his initial shock at the response.

"My MOTHER!" Crouch Junior howled as Moody's magical eye popped out from its socket and a real eye appeared in its place.

In a quieter voice, Crouch Junior gasped, "My mother pleaded with my father for us to switch places, my mother has always loved me, she took the Polyjuice Potion which contained my hairs till her death. They buried her right outside the Azkaban and a small, private funeral was arranged at home to cover the whole thing up."

Crouch Senior moved his hand to the handle of his wand when Harry turned around and in a speed that was deemed impossible, flicked his wand and a blinding white light flashed causing the Ministry official to be sent into a pile of carefully stack of trophies.