Rumours, The Truth, Shopping Nightmare

The last week of school was rather subdued, after taking their O.W.L.S, the fifth years found classes were rather free with the exception of Potions anddue to the fact that their Defense professor was permanently disabled, Defense class merely became another free period. Using his spare time, Harry trained with his four soon-to-be national teammates on the Quidditch Pitch, he was sure that if Ray would be less than impressed if their game had regressed. "Harry caught the Quaffle from a lob pass, crossed over to the left and threw the Quaffle with a powerful straight throw.

"210 miles per hour, that's gotta be a new record." Cho said in an as-a-matter-of-fact voice as Harry landed slowly near her and picked up his towel and wiped the sweat off his face and body, groaning with frustration as he heard girlish giggles not far away.

"Looks like someone's got girl problems." Elena said coolly as she suddenly appeared next to Cho.

"Turpin, already finished mopping over the fact that I'm going to be number one already?" Harry smirked and yelped when he received a knock on the head by Cho,

"Can you honestly start a conversation with Elena without bringing your academic competitions?" The hazel eyed Asian girl said with a sigh.

"Sorry, old habits die hard, forgive me milady." Harry retorted with a half bow to Elena, earning a slap on his arm from Cho. Elena glared at him but didn't say anything as her calculating brown eyes watched him kick off into the air once again.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Elena gritted out as she bumped into someone, the books in her arms flying all over the place. She was still fuming but she couldn't help but stare as she saw the person she had ran into. It was a boy, with messy black locks, with a well-sculptured face and the greenest eyes she has ever seen, she also noticed a Ravenclaw House badge on the front of his robes, he would have been cute looking if it weren't for the angry sneer on his face as he got up from the floor and swore loudly when he examined his broken book bag.

"I should be the one asking that, are your marks so hopeless that you have to read those books all the time." The boy retorted angrily as he waved his hand and his book bag repaired itself. To say Elena was outraged would be an understatement; both her parents had graduated at Hogwarts with distinction and from the moment Elena learned to talk, she was set on the path her parents went on.

"Me? How dare you! Might I inform you that I received all O's so far in all my assignments, including Professor Snape's essay on the Draught of Death!" She fumed loudly, her brown eyes glowering dangerously but the boy seemed to ignore her rant, simply slung his fixed book bag over one shoulder and walked off.

Elena was in a horrible mood the entire day, "That oaf is the most infuriating person I've ever met." She thought angrily to herself but she gasped when she realized why that boy looked so familiar, he was Harry Potter, brother of the boy-who-lived, and the only person not in Slytherin House that Snape awarded points to, she remembered him answering Snape's questions in boorish manner and Snape's irate, scrunched up face looking at Potter as if he wanted to kill him on the spot. She was still in her thoughts when she arrived at the Great Hall for lunch, she instantly recognized the familiar untamable black hair at a lone end of the Ravenclaw House table, reading furiously while taking bites out of a sandwich. She didn't know and still won't know why she did what she did that day but Elena found herself taking the seat across from the black haired wizard who immediately looked up without any emotion on his face.

"Listen Potter... I know we've had a bad start, I'm Elena, Elena Turpin." Elena introduced herself, sticking out a hand. Harry's eyes narrowed a bit but took her hand.

"So…reading over History of Magic?" Elena blurted out, noting that she would be the one to initiate conversations. Harry nodded and replied,

"Binns bores me to death, I can never concentrate one hundred percent plus I really hate History."