Dragons Wrath

The fall had definitely settled in quite nicely at Hogwarts as orange, yellow and brown leaves fell from their branches and onto the grounds. The nearby ancient yet glamorous Scottish castle definitely made the scene all the more magnificent. Deep within the structure, in a corner of the library, a young man with green eyes sighed as he ran a hand through his curly, wild dark hair while he wrote furiously on a notebook with his Potions textbook next to it.

Harry Potter, star Chaser for England and the Vratsa Vultures cursed his luck for the millionth time. The last few years were nothing but trouble and he was certain fate had saved the worst for his last. He could hear the hushed chattering and giggling of girls not far away and immediately placed a hand over his face. Some people just never got the message even when the evidence was present everyday. Such was the price of fame; privacy seemed to have become non-existent.

Finishing the last sentence of his essay, Harry closed his notebook and sat his pen on top of the cover. He'd gotten in touch with Sirius and had informed him of what the first task might entail. Sufficiently to say, his godfather went apeshit crazy, a dramatic contrast to his more relaxing and carefree attitude.

In the last couple of weeks, Harry had learned more about Dragons and their behavior than he had in his entire life. Snapping out of his thoughts as footsteps neared, he looked up and smiled.

"There you are, Harry…don't you agree that it is too much of a beautiful day to be inside brooding." Fleur sauntered towards her boyfriend and plopped herself on his lap regally. She sighed when she felt his arms gently wrapped themselves around her waist.

Harry said nothing as he simply enjoyed her presence and buried his nose in her sleek blonde hair, inhaling the pleasant scent. "Your presence has already made it beautiful…" Hadrian whispered lightly and after a small pause, small bursts of laughter escaped from both of them as they reveled in the cheesiness of his statement.

Fleur saw the frustrated and put out looks on her boyfriend's stalkers as she turned her head and smirked victoriously. Harry soon got his things organized and swinging on his schoolbag and left the library with Fleur's hand in his. Thankfully the school population was slowly adapting to seeing the couple and there were less hush whispering or staring whenever they were seen together.

However, the couple made had made their way onto the front page of every fashion, gossip magazine once again when they attended the Quidditch World Cup player award ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland. Harry had been nominated and won the award for best Chaser of the World Cup as well as earning a spot in the World Cup best VII. His club mate and fellow Triwizard Champion Viktor Krum won the award for best seeker and also in the World Cup best VII though he scowled his way through the entire ceremony.

It was a very welcomed break from the tournament back at Hogwarts as Harry and Fleur marveled at the snowy Alps around them as they skated around. It was certainly a welcomed change from Hogwarts and the tournament, allowing them some very much needed 'alone' time together.

"Nervous?" Fleur asked quietly as she leaned on her boyfriend's arm, humming softly.

"You first." Harry replied.

"Hmmph, seems fair." Fleur rolled her eyes and huffed. "Mmmm…" She sighed as Harry gathered her in his arms and planted a small kiss on her lips and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Normally, he was a very private, low profile person when it came to him and Fleur but it was difficult to do such thing when they were together nearly everyday.

"To answer your question, darling…" He smiled when Fleur looked up at him with a glare, "I am nervous…this wasn't suppose to happen. All I wanted" Harry stared straight into her softened eyes with no jesting in his tone, "was to spend a year of peace…with you." Fleur merely smiled at his response as she tightened her grip on his hand.