Reality🖤

Xavier's pov:

It's 2 in the morning and surgery is still going on from the last two hours. Three of us were sitting in the waiting room.
Lucas has got his arm fractured. He had a cast of plaster of paris wrapped around his arm. I really felt guilty that because of me he had to face Daisy's attack.

When I tried to apologise to him, he shrugged off the matter saying, it was his duty to protect me.
Daisy was sitting on the last chair in the room. I had a look at her only to realise that she is that girl who looks innocent on the outside, but can be a murderer , if the thing comes to her best friend.

I saw that she was in her hospital coat and an ID card around her neck. She must have directly come from the hospital after knowing about Maya. She must be hungry.
I went to the canteen of the hospital, grabbed three cups of coffee and a sandwich.
I went and gave he coffee to Lucas and kept one for myself.

I took the other coffee and sandwich to give that to Daisy. Honestly, walking towards her , I was scared. But, she needed someone at this moment. I have Lucas with me, but she is alone fom the time she came here.

"I brought a sandwich and a coffee for you. I guess you haven't ate anything. So, here, have it." I said to her and she ignored me like a plague.

"I know you are still upset about the thing. But, staying hungry is going to damage your health. You need to be fine to take care of Maya when she gets up. Even , she wouldn't be happy knowing that her best friend was hungry all the time." She finally looked at me with tears filled in her eyes.

I kind of got the feeling that she is going to burst out now. Hesitantly, I put my hand over her shoulder and rested her her head on my chest. To my shock, she didn't wiggle or give me any hard time.
As soon as her head lied on my chest , she bursted out crying. I put the coffee and sandwich on the chair beside me and hugged her tightly.
She had been burying her feelings inside her from long time. She masked her sadness and fear of losing with her anger that opened up on me.
She was crying a lot.

" I can't.... can't *Hiccups* lose her. *Hiccups* I have no one else...* Hiccups* other than her." She kept on crying for another 15 minutes muttering the same thing again and again. I was rubbing her back, trying to console her but it was of no use.
After sometime, she finally stopped crying and broke the hug.

"I kind of ruined your shirt. Sorry about that. I'll buy you another one." She said looking embarassed.
"That's the least thing on my mind right now. Calm down and have this." I forwarded the sandwich towards her.

"No. I'm okay." She refused.
"You just said that you have no one else other than Maya. At least, for her sake have it." She refused again.

"If you had a brother and he gave you this sandwich and coffee, would you still refuse?" I asked her.

She looked at me with tears again filled in her eyes and said, "My brother would never take away my best friend's life."
My eyes started brimming with tears at this statement of hers .

"What can I do to make you believe that I'm really sorry for whatever I did?" I asked her .
"I know that you're sorry. I'm a psychologist. I can read people and their faces. But, right now I can't do anything. Everytime I see you , I see my Maya battling with death." She said.

I knew that I can't change Daisy's thoughts when they are right. Maya was in this condition because of me. If something happens to her today, I won't be able to forgive myself ever. I stood to get up from there but, a tug on my wrist stopped me.

"I can't make myself forget that you are the one because of whom my Maya is in this condition right now . But, I can try .
Your guilt and efforts convinced me to try to forgive you . But, I won't guarantee." She said looking at her hand that tugged my wrist.